Music pieces (1 Viewer)

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
Hey I don't do music, but I'm just asking for a friend whether or not you need all the instruments in the song that you are playing for your HSC performance? I thought that you can use a backing track but apparently you will lose marks? Thanks

Cerry

HSC
Although your friend is perfectly within their rights to use a backing track, they need to keep in mind that a backing track can't cover if you make a mistake, which a competent live band can often do. You also don't have much freedom for interpretation (like pauses etc), and you can't change the key of a pre-recorded track, which can be a snag.
That being said, if they can find a track that they're happy to use, then there's no reason why they shouldn't

becibu

HSC
You can use a backing track but as far as I know they dont want the instrument to be doubling with what you are playing. In other words if your friend sings they dont want the vocal parts that he is singing in the backing track ... or if your friend plays guitar ... etc ...

cameronbond

HSC
Yes, you can use a backing track. But say if you are having trouble playing a certain part at full speed, you might organise with your accompaniment to slow the tempo a little, to suit your technical abilities, as well as allowing you to play fluently. However with a backing track it's just set at one speed and there's not more you can do with it. No improvistaion unless you remove something and improv in it's place.

BaSTaRD

HSC
If he's using a backing soundtrack for a music ext. program (on his ensemble piece), you'll definitely get marked down.

Or else it should be fine, I dno I'm a piano soloist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)