music peoples and their UAI's!! (1 Viewer)

aimstar555

HSC
hello all music peoples,

was wonderin how different your hsc mark was comapred to your final uai. i got 87 for music 1 and gotta uai of 76, but cause i did music, drama and pdhpe (which ALL SCALE DOWN!) i was expecting it. wat's ya thoughts?? peace out :)

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
um... yeah i did heaps of arty subjects like art, design and tech...plus another scaly down subject such as general maths.... but i ended up doing heaps better than i expected! I think they like balanced out the exam and assesment marks for music for the results cos like they wer both the same for me and i actually got 97 for my assesment mark but it said that i got 95... i was expecting a UAI of 60 something but i got 83.00 which was nice! Thanks to my music and art marks...

Abraxus

HSC
my hopes of getting into the Con and UNSW have been squashed now ... my HSC marks weren't that bad, and i was happy with them and was confident i'd get over the cutoff of 80. but i got nowhere near ... been feelin like shit all day ...

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Cutoffs. Bah. If the Con actually adhered to the 86 cutoff for Arts, then the overwhelming majority of the Con would never have gotten in. Average UAI at the Con is around 70(maybe less).

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
i just got a letter from UNSW saying I was successful in the audition and compositions....

anyways uais.

I got 81.35

More than enough for the con.... I hope

Abraxus

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
i just got a letter from UNSW saying I was successful in the audition and compositions....
when did you get the letter? i haven't gotten any letters regarding my auditions yet.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Abraxus said:
when did you get the letter? i haven't gotten any letters regarding my auditions yet.
I got it yesterday. I know someone who got it ages ago...

unsw tends to send things weirdly for me. I got my questionare from unsw (even tho i asked for it quite early) a week before the questionare was due damnit.

aimstar555

HSC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ur_inner_child

i got the same thing, which is pretty good, i just hope my uai's high enough...i'm praying everying night...until the 1st round offers come out...ne one know when we'll find out?? peace out :)

ez_19

Musikerin
HSC
i got 91 for mus 2 and 48 for extension - and all my subjects scaled well so i ended up with 97.9 =)

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I got 64 for Composition 4 this semester. I wrote a 110 page musical, plus a 4 minute electronic track, and I only got 64 :(

tash

lalalala
HSC
well last year i got 92 for mus1- my best mark- my lowest being maths ext1 with 80, and some of my other subjects weren't great supposed scalers- ancient history, art, then maths and english adv- but i ended getting 92.75 so can't say scaling affected me all too much. my assessment mark for music was in fact scaled up 3 marks from what it was on my school report compared to what it was on my hsc results.

meanwhile uni marks, phanatical i feel your pain, uni marks are weird- music was super- 94 wooo- but art prac was a dissapointment. anyway i don't supose anyone really cares so i'll stop waffling now....

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Yeah well, I made the mistake of writing a tonal work for Michael Smetanin, the so-called "Bad Boy of Australian Contemporary Music"

chepas

HSC
I did Music 2 - 88/100, and Extension - 44/50, and got a UAI of 95.4, but that said it was my LOTEs (that made up 5 of my units) that pulled me up there I reckon.

televators - your sig confuses me a bit, seems a bit of a logical paradox (either that or it's just me :rolleyes: ). You say you are naked, and that your fear is naked. But you are also fearless. Now, having established that fear is naked, wouldn't that make 'fearless', 'nakedless'? Or, 'nakedless' meaning fully clothed? (Because the '-less' part meaning 'without'?). So - you are both naked and fully clothed at the same time?

Or, that by being fearless that is good, and by being naked your fear is powerless...?

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
Phanatical said:
Yeah well, I made the mistake of writing a tonal work for Michael Smetanin, the so-called "Bad Boy of Australian Contemporary Music"
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHH one of the comps that i submitted for my con audition is like a fully weird contemporary piece and like its not really tonal but not atonal either but its got a melody except its not tonal it has like dissonant harmonies and weird techniques and stuff i wonder if Smetanin liked that? :confused:

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Well, I'm not Michael, so I can't really say.

I might put up a copy of my Musical, which I got 64 for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)