Music in Video dramas (1 Viewer)

lady_gaz

Hey, i was just curious as to what kind of permission we have to get to use certain music in our video dramas? i am guessing we have to get permission but it would be great if someone could tell me what we have to do. thanks

toms

I called the BoS a while ago about this. They told me that you can use whatever music you like, as long as you cite it in your credits.

So if you used "Boys of Summer" by The Ataris, you'd put

"Boys Of Summer"
Performed by: The Ataris

or something to that effect.

Have you finished your filming yet?

Tom

lady_gaz

thanks for that. my teacher wasnt sure what music we were allowed to use or whatever. no i havent finished filming yet, i havent got that much to do. i havent started editing really either! what are you doing for yours...i dont really know anyone else doing a video drama.

toms

I'm not really sure what I'm doing. Just last week I chucked out my script that I had been working on for a while, and I have been told that my new idea is better...argh!

It's kinda of a reminscing piece, a girl thinking about the past, what she's lost but also what she has gained after an accident....but the approach I'm taking is a film-now script-later kinda of attitude. I can piece it together in the editing room..that's no problem...it's really too late for me to start a new script...

What's your idea?

lady_gaz

well its kind of weird and hard to explain. but its based around this country girl and her life...i dont really know yet whats fully happening in the film so yeah...i have a lot to do, i want to have it finished mostly by this term so i havent got much to worry about before the trials. with the songs you are using, do u knwo yet if you are using any wih words or just the instrumental track?

toms

I'm using just one song. A Dixie Chicks song that goes for round 6min...

The high/low and climactic moments in the song will coincide with the high/low and climactic moments in the story..

at least i think that's what I'm doing...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)