Music Extension Ensemble Pieces - the nature of?? (1 Viewer)

usernaming

HSC
Hey :)

I was wondering what you all think is better - an ensemble piece with a number of different accompanists that play a fairly minor role, or an ensemble piece where the other instruments are just as important/only slightly less important than you as the performer?

Many thanks!

madharris

HSC
N/A
I did comp not performance but eill give you advice anyway based onmy cohort
It really depends on the size of the ensemble.
E.g. If it was a piano duet, both parts should ultimately just as important as the other
However if it was a cello concerto then oobviously the soloist plays extremely important part

However you need a piece that can demonstrate your skills to the est of your ability as well as illiterate to the markers that you have good ensemble skills and.that you can lead your ensemble

AnastasiaH1991

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey :) I would definitely suggest choosing an ensemble piece that combines the different roles you were talking about. Even though the markers won't have the music in front of them, you want to show them that you are capable of being the star performer while others accompany you, but you also want to show them that you have the ability to work together with other instrumentalists and that you can yourself play an accompanying role.
On another note - you mention "a number of different accompanists". I'd suggest you keep the number of people you are working with to a minimum. The more people you use, the trickier things can get. (especially if you are not using professional accompanists). Good luck!!!

Source: own personal experience with performance for HSC Ext Music. Received a mark of 50/50

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)