Music 2/Extension (1 Viewer)

Spock

Hi all,

How did you all find the Music 2 musicology/aural paper? Did anyone else have a problem with a skipping CD? (or is it just dodgy Gosford High School at its best? :p)

Also, what were your opinions of the essay question and it relating back to "Atto di Dolore" and "Timon of Athens"?

And lastly, how does everyone think they went with performance/compositions/musicology essays? Most importantly, who got nominated for Encore? :) (no, I didn't :()

Ciao,

Penny

Music 2

I think the Music 2 exam was the easiest music exam I have ever sat in my whole life. I feel sorry for all you guys that found it hard.

Penny

I agree

I agree with AndyJR. It was basically a melody only dictation, normally it is rhythm too, but it was way easy. The melody was ascending and descending in sequences, which made it even more easier.
Hope the rest of you who sat the exam found it easy, otherwise I don't know what is wrong with you.

Yeebies

Gday Guys,
I left yr 12 this year but thats another story.
Im a qualified Audio Engineer with his own studio and am interested in finding talented musos in the Sydney area to record and work with. If your interested or know anyone who does please email me toppestaussiebloke@hotmail.com and we can see what i can do for you. Even if your just looking for a mate through these stressful times ;)
So please give us a yell.
Cheers
Pat

Spock

After the melodic dictation in my trial, this was a piece of cake! My trial one had a different time signature each bar, used double-dotted rhythms, and nearly made the two of us cry when we saw it, it was that bad! (anyone else get that trial paper?!)

A couple of notes in this dictation threw me, but I ended up working it out (but don't tell my teacher, she thinks I have perfect perfect pitch... which I don't quite have :p) And considering that we heard it another 6 times for the rest of the question kinda defeated the purpose of the whole thing anyway...

Meh, that's the BoS for you :)

Oh, and Pat - where abouts in the Sydney area are you located? Some people up here may be interested :)

Cheers,

doctor

hey guys

just wondering if their were any trombonists out there looknig to join a ska band

AndyJR

same paper

hey spock, i think we got that same music paper as you! that melody dictation was a killer, and the essay only worth 4 marks!!!! that sucked!!!!! but it was an easy essay question in the trial.

bathtub

our cd skipped REALLY bad. it was 25 minutes shorter than it was supposed to be!!
the dictation was very easy, we missed 2 and a half 'playings' but i still got it almost all first go (do they think were dumbasses or what??)
the essay was easy peasy, as one of my pieces is neo-baroque!!! i was sitting there thinking to myself "thankyou jesus"
does anyone know what happens with the misadventures?? ill be shitty if we get our assessments mark, as i always ace aural/musicology stuff.
to spock: dont you feel like as if you are cheating, or even a littlte guilty for having perfect pitch? (not a personal attack or anything, i do too:)

dissonance

hmmm, well the paper was fine - except I stuffed up the essay...it was easy enough, I just never realised just how short 20mins was --- filled up all the space but only had time to talk about 1 peice instead of two ....errrrrr! I've been kicking myself all week...

:mad:

Spock

"Question 3 is based on the final movement Con Moto, from Ross Edwards' Symphony No. 3, "Master Magna" written in 2000..." - was that the one? I managed all of 1/2 a mark for that question... <shudder>! But the essay question "Select ONE MUSICAL FEATURE from the four listed below and discuss its use in works you have studied from the mandatory topic... PITCH, DURATION, EXPERIMENTATION, UNITY" - that made the HSC essay question look like it belonged in an English paper or something :p

Anyway, I diverge from the topic :p

Maybe there was actually a problem with the discs this year... maybe we can claim misadventure :p I know that we ended up having almost 30 minutes to do the essay (and I used every single second!) because the CD kept playing up... I'm nearly certain that we missed the 5th playing - I was ticking them off, "Here is the fourth playing...", then suddenly "here is the sixth and final playing..." - "WHAT THE?!" I can tell you, there were some rather weird facial expressions going around between the two of us students and the two supervisors...

As for "cheating" with perfect pitch... well, sometimes I do feel a bit guilty coz the other person in my class doesn't have it, and she always has problems with melodic dictation and sight-singing, which I usually get full marks on...(well, excepting that FUBAR trial dictation! :chainsaw: ) But I don't really have full perfect pitch. I've been accused of it after I managed to recall a piece of music from an exam 6 weeks earlier and sing it at the correct pitch, but really...

I didn't find the essay question too weird, once I made the decision to actually write about a piece that we hadn't actually studied. None of my pieces really fit (in my mind) the question... I was looking more at traditional forms and instrumentation. I ended up using a piece written by a friend and former musicianship teacher, which was a modernised suite for orchestra. Fit quite nicely :)

Meh, anyway, I'm starting to blabber on again :)

Cya

AndyJR

that was the paper

yeah spock, thas the same paper we had for the trial

man how good was that essay question. it was like multiple choice essay. u can talk bout this this this this or this...
hahaha

but ure rite bout that melody dictation with the different time signatures and tat crap. i mean the notes were easy to pick, i got all them, but the rhythms :S man that was a killer.

and with our essay in the hsc, looks like whoever got that 30 mins stole ten of ours :( we got ripped off a fair few minutes, we were like WTF time aint up yet, but noooo PENS DOWN, damned old ladies...

Suieyman

i must be the only dumbass in the state coa i thought the exam was crap.

i completely stuffed the melody dictation, n only got enough time to write on one n a hlaf pieces, when they wanted 3...

maybe its coz i came last in every assessment for music, n proudly hold the title of getting 69 in my trial...despite it being a crappy mark....

well i guess alll i can do now is cry while all youse others chuckle with glee at how easy u thought the test was....

hsc can go to hell...

along with the bos...
"bos, im gonna kill you until you die from it!"
:chainsaw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)