Music 1 (1 Viewer)

LouPaper

I was bummin' about that shitty structure question too, how much did that suck.
TO THE DUDES IN THE SKA BAND: are you guys serious and have you written songs and stuff? ever played any gigs before? Cos a few of my friends and i are starting up a band, we played at a talent quest once and that was kool but doesn't really count, anyways, we've made a new genre of music, it's called junk, it's a mixture of jazz and punk. Sound cool? Or do you thing it's a rip off of ska?

doctor

yeah we are serious bout the ska band
we've all played in bands before and have played gigs
but were just starting the ska band now
weve writen a bunch of songs and are just looking for a trombonist to complete the line up
whats the name of your band? maybe we could gig together sometime

CrazyCarl

im a trombonist, but i live on the northern beaches, u mentioned before it'd be based round ryde. its a fair hike for me to get out there especially when i dont have a car..

also got a band as well and have played a fair few gigs, but we havent practiced for a while because of hsc, and we use the skools equipment mainly cause we dont have all our own equipment.. ;)

dissonance

well now that the topic has moved to talking about bands more than the Music 1 paper I guess I could chime in here a bit.

I'm in a Sydney original rock/pop band. We've just got into the pub circuit around sydney meaning that we finally get paid for playing original music! have hooked up with a *small* record label and promotions company. Currently finalists in the national Musicoz competition. Our next gig at the moment is at the Gaelic Club on Dec 7th in support of Burnt and a few others.

We'd definately be open to hooking up with other bands to gig with since it ain't easy to get a reasonable gig in this town.

LouPaper

Doctor: yeh my band is still in the really early stages, and i mean REALLY early stages, at the moment we're still trying to get some cool songs together. I made a long list of possible names to call ourselves and we think the best three are either Vasion, Bunker or Dockett.
Dissonance: congratulations with all your efforts, sounds like you're getting some good gigs together, hope it all goes well.

nomza

HSC
Lou -- You guys and your band??......hahahahahaha......thanks for giving me a good laugh. Junk?? Fucken hell.....

You need to sort out Byron Lou if you read this before I talk to you...

Rhino

I play the guitar, the piano and i sing. I hae basic drum and other percussion skills, and i can sort of play the bass. i'm getting a violin soon and i'll teach my self to play it.

I'd love to be in a band, so e-mail me. i like rock (not too heavy), pop, irish, jazz. all sorts of stuff. If it helps, my favourite band is The Corrs.

Ok. The music questions were really easy. I suppose that's cause our teacher made us practise aural in class at least once a week all year. It was good. Our teacher had played the last question to us in class and made us do it as a question ages ago, so we had already heard it.

angelic_samurai

It'd be cool to start a band out here in the country. I'm sick of city bands, all 'i'm so fucking tough', so if anyone lives in the area near orange, in NSW and thinks it'd be cool to start a band, kinda rock stuff, just say so............and say wot you play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)