Music 1 Performance (Voice) (1 Viewer)

Vaut

Hey people,
really need some help please...
Im doing music as a singer and i'm average at at...I need to find some performance pieces that would be good for me..
I cant sing too high and i like easy going kind of music like oasis or goo goo dolls (which i think i might sing the acoustic version of Iris for one assessment)
any ideas please....i can also heaps into chilli peppers and can sing some of theirs (last yr did by the way)...
So if anyone has anything in mind please reply..thanks heaps,
Luke:confused:

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
What kind of music do you like, Luke? If you like it, you're likely to know it better, and do it better. Stuff that's too high can always be taken down into your register too. Do you know "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds? My favourite song at the moment.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Weisy
Do you know "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds? My favourite song at the moment.
The album is actually quite great. Its one of those that you can listen to over and over and over again, and still enjoy it. Ah ... there are so many names on that album! "Annie Waits", "Zac ..." and a few others! :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
my friend is in the same situation

he is doing best i am by flaw

i would suggest that a good choice be like a stone - audioslave

Cara

Luke why don't you get an old song and make into a rock song. the makers love when u do something different. if not, do u know the song, The Way by Fastball. it sounds mad, with a big rock band. i'm doin a rock song to, but i'm using an old billy joel song.

Iris is one of the most beautiful songs ever, can u play guitar or something u could do a really beautiful acoustic version.

good luck in finding a song. i know its hard!

Emmie

Hey Vaut (lukey-boy)

I thought Iris was just spendid the other night.
I enjoyed it alot!!

howd you like the Gershwin? :)

Bye luke!!

Nose Bleed

ex-loser
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Vaut
Hey people,
really need some help please...
Im doing music as a singer and i'm average at at...I need to find some performance pieces that would be good for me..
I cant sing too high and i like easy going kind of music like oasis or goo goo dolls (which i think i might sing the acoustic version of Iris for one assessment)
any ideas please....i can also heaps into chilli peppers and can sing some of theirs (last yr did by the way)...
So if anyone has anything in mind please reply..thanks heaps,
Luke:confused:
I'm the same, pretty shitty vocal range but Jack johnson is perfect he sings exacyly what is comfortable for me and has helped me with singing/songwriting
ben folds is harrd to sing i think? You can soprano is but that sounds shit. Its like my friend did roxanne by the police at this music night and he thought he could do it because at rehursal he sung the high bits quiet and soprano, and then the night came and when it got to the high bits he just started screaming. It was pretty funny

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
what about matchbox 20's "3am" - when done acoustically on piano its an amazing song, and its not too difficult to sing - no real high bits, or vocal acrobatics...

chip

HSC
sing cats in the cradle thats a beautiful song and its not that high and you could do a great acoustic version......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)