Music 1 Aural (1 Viewer)

lisaxX

HSC
ohh myyy. i think i did realll bad in questions two and three,
no. 2, just an accordion and clarinet :S.? lol
andd the duration question, alls i could get for the notation was the
'omp-pah' pulse, but apparently i needed to notate more :(
poo.
excerpt 4 was awesome tho, could have written for ever.

Cerry

HSC
Hobbit90 said:
By themes did it mean musical motifs? Really wasn't sure about it
Yeah, different words for essentially the same thing.

lisaxX said:
ohh myyy. i think i did realll bad in questions two and three,
no. 2, just an accordion and clarinet :S.? lol
andd the duration question, alls i could get for the notation was the
'omp-pah' pulse, but apparently i needed to notate more :(
poo.
excerpt 4 was awesome tho, could have written for ever.
Two was just the accordian and clarinet.
And the only notation I had for the duration was the the lower part of the accompaniment played crochet, crochet rest, crochet, crochet rest, and the higher part of the accompaniment played crochet rest, crochet, crochet rest, crochet. I may have also had a diagram that did this /\ in reference to the pitch movement, but I think that was a different question. Aside from that, all my answers were just me crapping on

lilymaree

Boreddd :o
HSC
Lolll, our supervisers couldn't work the CD player either. Had to get someone to help her, and we ended up doing the questions the wrong way around because she skipped one.

Question 3 was my best, ive played it a million times in orchestra before, and its on the 7th grade AMEB violin list, so i knew key signature, time signature, the exact notes and expressive markings.

Only mistake i made was accidentaly saying chronologically instead of chromatically. gahhhh!!

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Cerry said:
Yeah, different words for essentially the same thing.

Two was just the accordian and clarinet.
And the only notation I had for the duration was the the lower part of the accompaniment played crochet, crochet rest, crochet, crochet rest, and the higher part of the accompaniment played crochet rest, crochet, crochet rest, crochet. I may have also had a diagram that did this /\ in reference to the pitch movement, but I think that was a different question. Aside from that, all my answers were just me crapping on

Cerry is La di da with her notation.

PS: You rocking it at Caitlins?

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Lol. I related contrast to like, 4 elements in one sentence in the first question.

Who actually did a structure diagram in the last question?

lizac

HSC
for the structure i just broke it down into 8 bar sections then four bar sections then two bars, so it looked kinda like a tree

E-Dog

Long Member
HSC
For the "Bulgar Frailach" piece with the accordion and the clarinet, did anyone else hear that percussion instrument? Like a little cymbal? Or did I just hear it in my head?

tegzy26

HSC
I didnt hear any other instruments, and after the title of the song it is said "performed by.." and only gave two names, maybe it was just the piano accordian you were hearing?

E-Dog

Long Member
HSC
Yeah damn I hope they don't mark me down. My other theory is that the speakers had a slight tick when a loud signal was sent to them.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
It's all in your head Lady Macbeth.

GET FREE

HSC
E-Dog said:
For the "Bulgar Frailach" piece with the accordion and the clarinet, did anyone else hear that percussion instrument? Like a little cymbal? Or did I just hear it in my head?
I heard something.
It sounded like some sort of percussive tick. It was really quick and I thought it might have been another instrument, but I just decided it was the CD player. I wasn't paying enough attention to it to hear it again.

SomethingKiller

HSC
I feel okay about mine. It went fast yeah, and the pieces and questions I thought were actually really good. I thought we'd get something on contrast but apparently not. I just snuck in terminology everywhere I could that related to the question (affrettando here, sforzando there, drop a silenzio in this A Cappella) ha. I just hope I answered the questions well enough. Did everyone else use up all the lines? How many people wrote on the other side of the paper?

SomethingKiller

HSC
Also: with the structure piece I just said that the piece was almost in Rondo form except there was an absence of the final section 'A' and just spoke of each section.
A, B, A, C, (Other A would go here...but didn't! >= \) :p

Good Luck to all. Hope you all went well. :). I hope WE all went well, Haha. :p

Goody Proctor

HSC
JustinM23 said:
I found it good. What about everyone else?
Hell yeah! easiest aural I've ever done lol.
Thanks BOS :D

I think it was just the 2, since it only had 2 names.

By themes did it mean musical motifs? Really wasn't sure about it
By themes it means repeated melodic ideas .. such as a riff (kinda)

wootywadwad

HSC
Anyone know where I can listen to the Bulgar Frailach piece? I can't find it anywhere on the internet.

sonnysburning

HSC
this is probably a dull question, but in the jass type piece [question 4 i think] was there an electric guitar under the saxaphone?
there was definitely something there i think, but no one else in my class heard it and i felt a little insane... :D

dolbinau

HSC
There was some kind of guitar - can't remember if it was electric.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
sonnysburning said:
this is probably a dull question, but in the jass type piece [question 4 i think] was there an electric guitar under the saxaphone?
there was definitely something there i think, but no one else in my class heard it and i felt a little insane... :D
There was either an electric guitar or a synthesiser under the Sax. It was on about a quater volume, so it may have been hard to detect.

laa.musique

Executive Member
HSC
sonnysburning said:
pretty sure there was a bass and an electric. i could hear them in the B and C sections... but they were probs in A too and i didnt hear!

x.jordie

HSC
i honestly believe i am tone deaf so i failed... hopefully my performance lifted me up haha. I hate aural exams. A little part of me dies inside when i do one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)