Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Yes, it probably would be best defined as a stress test. But benchmarking is definitely not stress testing. The situation lacks key features of benchmarking, mainly comparing results (usually numerical) to another product. Without that, it is simply not benchmarking.

First line from wiki: "Benchmarking is the process of comparing one's business processes and performance metrics to industry bests and/or best practices from other industries."

From the dictionary: "Evaluate or check (something) by comparison with a standard: "we are benchmarking our performance against external criteria"."

We can see here that it is not benchmarking.

And yeah, you're probably right with Q6.
Benchmarking was the closet possible answer, the other options were way off. It is an evaluation using in-house rules or industry standards. Suppose the system was required to run for 22 hours per day. They would test it if it could run for 24 hours. This is known as quality assurance and while it does not directly relate to the concept of benchmarking, it is an aspect of benchmarking as it is putting numerically values i.e time lengths and comparing it to real world performance. I'm pretty sure it would be benchmarking. I don't have the paper but I remember the other options being stupid / way off.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Definitely an insertion sort. Selection sorts use a swap function, which if you compare where the items should be results in a different set of data. The insertion sort appears the same, but that's because that item was already in the correct place of the sorted part.

Agree, benchmarking question was stupid. That was definitely not benchmarking - but now I can see that was probably the best answer. I put logic testing, because I thought that would be closest, regret that now.
But the largest value was sorted first!? even though this can be still done in insertion..isn't it more of a selection sort? cause then it had the 2nd highest after that...and so on.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
But the largest value was sorted first!? even though this can be still done in insertion..isn't it more of a selection sort? cause then it had the 2nd highest after that...and so on.
Well all sorts do that = P, except bubble which eventually gets there lol. I looked at all the theory again and agree 100% that it is insertion = S, i made a foolish mistake and confused how the insertion sort works (textbook had an example with data that didn't illustrate the features of the sort very well *sigh* lol). Thank god in uni, if you are doing comp sci/eng or soft engineering, we can say bye to these shitty sorts and instead use merge sort and quick sort = )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)