Multiple Choice Repetition? (1 Viewer)

seano77

Walk On
HSC
Ok, so in my IPT half-yearly today there were two multiple choice questions repeated and one was repeated THREE times! So for example, questions 4 and 5 also appeared as questions 11 and 12- exactly the same. And question 8 appeared as 10 and 16! Can the teacher change the exam or remove those marks? Or will people suffer three times for essentially getting one question wrong?

advanced sam

HSC
N/A
do you know what i hate. when all mc's are in patterns. ie all c and you think u are wrong or a b c d and then a b c d again and again. i swear out teacher does it on purpose

BackCountrySnow

HSC
I never really notice patterns.
because it's never like 'oh i have a lot of ds, why not an a?'

And you teacher is a sped. one double is bad enough, but triples... wtf??

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
that is terrible.
Its unfair, someone knowin that answer gets 3 marks, as opposed to someone who doesnt and gets none.

Yell at your teacher, I would.

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
I never really notice patterns.
because it's never like 'oh i have a lot of ds, why not an a?'

And you teacher is a sped. one double is bad enough, but triples... wtf??
I always notice patterns that really stand out.
I'm always like "Oh, I had a heap of Ds" and then the smart kids are like "Oh, really ? Mine were mostly As ".
Gah.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
Yes well understandably I wont be angry if I get it right..

Muz4PM

HSC
I hate multiple choice. I hate it. I have only lost a handful of marks on my short and log response answers, but a majority have been in multiple choice.

Paj20

HSC
seano77 said:
Ok, so in my IPT half-yearly today there were two multiple choice questions repeated and one was repeated THREE times! So for example, questions 4 and 5 also appeared as questions 11 and 12- exactly the same. And question 8 appeared as 10 and 16! Can the teacher change the exam or remove those marks? Or will people suffer three times for essentially getting one question wrong?
Why and how would they manage to put some many of the same questions in???

leoyh

mic`
HSC
yeah i hate multiple choice too dude. its always the area where its easiest to lose marks for me. i like short answers and extended responses more cause marks are awarded differently. theres no real right answer in a sense, so u cant just lose 5 marks for getting 5 in a row wrong. hate multiple choice. always screws me over

scuba05

HSC
Yeah, same thing had happened in legal studies a lil while ago in an exam, they repeated 3 questions in the exact same order.
In our case, i think they awarded the repeat as correct even if you didnt get it right, but the original was marked properly. I think thats what happened.
Ah well, i dont think it is fair if they mark a question repeated properly, but then again, the world isnt fair is it?

michael1990

HSC
They would most prob take the doubles out. But if i got those questions correct i would be jumping up and down saying that they were in there, it doesn't matter if SO AND SO didn't get it right i did. Therefore it should be counted. You will then get another person stating it was unfair to have doubles.

In this case, go and see your teacher, i daresay they should get everyone together and say as everyone knows there were doubles of such questions in the half yearly we will now take a vote to see if you guys want them counted in the exam. Without knowing if you got them right, it would be a lot fairer.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
A vote. Lol.

Most likely they'll just cancel the repeated questions. If they don't, complain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)