• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Multiple choice help (1 Viewer)

fxjkhr

HSC
I recently did my trail exams, as most year 10 students should, and I was disappointed with my marks. After seeing each section's results, I concluded that multiple choice for me is a very big problem. Here as my trial results.

Maths - 83 (36/50 for the multiple choice)
English - 71 (28/50 for multiple choice, 20/20 longer response, 9/10 short response, 14/15 short answer)
Science 79 (30/50 multiple choice)

It is really getting me frustrated, because I am near the top of my year for everything, but I am continually let down by multiple choice questions. Can someone give me some advice on how to answer the really pathetic multiple choice questions which I seem to be getting wrong?

Amogh

HSC
N/A
First of all, don't get affected by your trial marks that much. They are made hard. Try doing SC past papers and if you still attain poor marks then:
Practice
Do you have sufficient time for questions?
if not then prioritise and set a certain amount of time for each question.
Multiple choice questions follow a pattern where, one answer is correct, one looks correct and the other two are obviously wrong
narrow down your choices and select the BEST possible answer
Use the process of elimination if your unsure about a question
Never leave a question
Your first answer is most probably the right answer
dont stress out

silence--

HSC
read the question carefully and all the alternatives before choosing. make sure you are choosing the best answer and that you are answering the question.

you can use the process of elimination. eliminate the two most incorrect answers and then if you have to take a guess between the two left. trust your first instinct in a guess. don't change unless you know for sure that your old answer is wrong.

mc can be really terrible especially in things like english. luckily you won't have nearly as much after year 10 :x

salih08

HSC
there is always 2 answers which are obviously wrong which you should identify and eliminate straight away.

then there are 2 answers with one being correct and one incorrect which you have to think about and see which one is the correct one i guess. you have about a 95% chance atleast of getting it right because it is 50/50 + your own knowledge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)