Multiple choice answers (1 Viewer)

spenceR

a question about number 9.....the question asks " Christian churches strongly supported aus's involvement in which of the following conflicts?"

everyone is saying B, but can someone justify why it wouldnt be A?

the reason why i say this is because there is a difference between support for a war and conscription and im under the impression that even the catholics supported WWI becaus they saw it as a chance to pledge aligiance to britain. their support (or lack thereof) of conscription, however, is diff????

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
hmmm i have that in my notes too..
i also have "the vietnam war was initially supported by most christians, particularly catholics, because of the risk posed by communist north vietnam"
i also have that it could be b..
argh stupid questions

mikeryan69

HSC
N/A
hey

for 9 it was A......world war 1 was favoured by the christian population
vietnam was divided
spencer just to ad catholics did not support it cause of allegiance to britain.......
they supported it because nations of catholic religion were being attacked at the time which pushed for catholic support
in my opinion A is correct

Last edited:

superbird

HSC
every textbook says something different. in excel i interpreted world war 2 to be the one which had most support. i still dont get how some got the answer to q10. i said that buddhist converted to christianity??? even if thats wrong its still somewhat correct in a way.
this is a bit like the business studies exam where some mc had like 2 answers

[caity]

yeah but the white australia policy stopped multiculturalism....sooo how can there already be 3296 buddhists b4 the policy n then 411??? we didnt kick them out of our country we only prevented more from coming so how does the numbers jus decrease like that???

superbird

HSC
but the white australia policy existed before 1901 anyway didnt? actually come to think of it i dont think it did :S lol.

jen23

[caity] said:
yeah but the white australia policy stopped multiculturalism....sooo how can there already be 3296 buddhists b4 the policy n then 411??? we didnt kick them out of our country we only prevented more from coming so how does the numbers jus decrease like that???
nah we semi kicked them out too. cause muslim camel riders left the country after 1901 cause of white australia and so did some chinese. even if we didnt 'make' them leave, im betting they felt rather unwelcome and left. cause the buddists came here for gold, and by 1947 there was no gold, so they'd all gone home. thats what we got taught anyway..

i also put a for 9.. i also thought that there was a difference between consciption and support for war.. but i dunno. i couldnt decide between WWI and WWII.. but i put WWI.. we'll just have to see ay!?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
In my opinion catholics did not support WW1 as they didnt support conscription and according to my two textbooks sectarianism also played a role...why would they want to pledge allegiance to britain?
WW2 was a different story as it was being fought in our own backyard.

In Vietnam although many supported it (especially catholics) , there were just as much, if not more that objected, including pacifists such as quakers and many anglicans (remember the 8 anglican bishops that called for immediate ceasefire)

persephone

HSC
i got
1b
2b
3b
4d
5c
6b
7d
8c
9b
10b
and i so don't understand question 10

oggie

multi choice

heya guys
i got:
b
b-jus guessed...
b
d
c
b
d
c
a- everyone was in favour of ww1, due to (protestants) loyalty, and the rest thought god was 'calling them back to righteousness"
c

~amy~

9. Although the majority were in favour of WWI, the more correct answer is WWII, because Australia was fighting for its own survival and therefore more in favour of WWII. Answer B

10. There were Buddhists in Australia from the Gold rush (massive migration then). When the White Australia Policy was introduced, Australia did kick alot of ppl out. therefore decrease in number. Answer C

Alain

slivering87
HSC
N/A
for 9 i got C because Vietnam War was an effort by the western forces (America and co) to stop the eastern spread of communism. Communist governments supressed religions and their activities, particularly Christians as they are the richest non governement institution in the world apparently...therefore they have great power and can pose a threat to the power of communist regimes! ANyone agree I got it out of one of the text books>...??

nicksta_40

HSC
i got A for 7. Cuz i knew the Bush Brotherhoods were around b4 the BCA, and the question asked who PIONEERED (as in the 1st) to do rural outback initiatives. And since i dont know who Boystown is i put A, any chance of A being right???

nicksta_40

HSC
well yeh thats wat i thought too? Its a stupid Q, if it was just Bush Brotherhood, the answer would be right...i'll say its D, oh well, ALL OVER BIATCH

I dont need to know ANY of that shit we learnt in 2unit for life, seriously, stupid subject

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)