Multiple Choice Answers (2 Viewers)

i fuked up the easiset question q 10 my first reaction was a buudhism which i put down ,but then to be a sick kunt and prove it to myself mathematically i done the number in 96-number in 91 instead of working out the percentage in the rush i put the answer 2 be b ffs im really pissed off

well 7 out of 10

bex

HSC
I got...

1a
2c
3b
4a
5a
6c
7c
8d
9c
10b

Buddhism has the greatest rate of membership increase?? How did you guys get that?

josie_is_slut

number 10 was easy

ok christianity and judasim, u can easily see its increased by a bit
i doubled buddism in 1991 and doubled islam in 1991

buddishm had a 60 thousand more than 1996 wen doubled
and islam had a 80 thousand more than in 1996 wen doubled

therefore buddism increased at a faster rate becoz wen the figure is doubled, and the closer it is to 1996, the faster it increases

just look at the fractions, kinda hard to explain, and do anyting to keep them both in ratio, double em, triple em, square em wateva so u can see a bigger differencce between the figures relative to each other

Sarah J

HSC
yeah. q10 bugged me. Why the hell would they put a maths question in there? It didn't occur to me that I'd be doing maths in a religion exam so I didn't bring a calculator.:mad1:

schwang_thang

well it wasnt really a maths qstn

all u had 2 do is look at the 1996 figures. both r approx 200 000, so all u had 2 do is look at the 1991 figures and find out which had the lesser figure, which wud mean that it increased at a greater rate in the same time period.

hope that made sense

Sarah

HSC
N/A
i think q10 was one of those general knowledge religion questions.
i tried to work it out mathematically but i couldn't. i think ur just meant to know that buddhism is fastest growing religion in australia, islam fastest growing in world and christianity isn't growing very fast

Fi

sorry about the above post.

Anyway, i agree with sarah, we were meant to know the answer without having to look at the stats.
At first i thought it was a maths question, but then remembered i had read it somewhere:D

SploJo

Youre spose to just KNOW Buddhism is the fastest growing. We learnt it in our course, using a calculator i think just screwed a lot of people up because it asked for RATE not by how many.
As for the Uniting Church q. its Presbyterian im pretty sure- a little late in adding my 2cents but whoever argued the 1/2 joined half didn compared to 3/4 of congregationalists is correct. We also learnt that--not from our teachers though, from independent research.
The MC was pretty good all up, some VERY tricky questions mainly 4 and 7 for me.
Anyways all the best in SOR. Keep in mind that if you didnt go as good as you wanted to---dont worry not THAT many ppl made it into band6 last year :) not sure whether that helps but i thought id share anyways...
Well have a KILLER time on schoolies!!!

DC10

seriously? 2 ppl?!
i thought it's like 48 ppl getting band 6 last year!

studies of religion is such a death trap LOL
lucky i done it accelerated :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)