multiple choice answers (1 Viewer)

HSC
black_kat_meow said:
So you think it's more achievable to test ALL plants rather than specify? Lol.

By the way, as I said, it's def. D, ECTOTHERMS do not increase metabolism when their body temp. is lowered

Anyone who relies on purely the HSC excel book would be screwed anyway, it's full of SO many errors.
Lol, i relied on excel a lot, especially for the study cards i a cbf making notes. I did use some other texts but mainly excel, ill be sure to let u know if i got screwed.

HSC
black_kat_meow said:
By the way, as I said, it's def. D, ECTOTHERMS do not increase metabolism when their body temp. is lowered
yep, definitely.

Anyone who relies on purely the HSC excel book would be screwed anyway, it's full of SO many errors.
yeah, my teacher said the same. then for the next three lessons he gave us excel sheets lol.

bseckold

HSC
N/A
There's a life lesson in there for everyone (RE: The Excel Textbook). No textbook should be sacrosanct. They all "fail" in their own special way... ;)

Seriously, if you aren't getting in the habit of using multiple sources and verifying / evaluating information you'll be in for a shock at Uni.

hairej1

HSC
This is what i put..

1. D
2. A
3. B
4. B
5. C
6. D (did anyone think A? i was confused)
7. A
8. C
9. B
10. B
11. B
12. D
13. D
14. A
15. C

btw DOT POINT books are the besttt study tools. soo good!
YAY NO MORE BIO :)
GOODLUCK EVERYONE!

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
bseckold said:
There's a life lesson in there for everyone (RE: The Excel Textbook). No textbook should be sacrosanct. They all "fail" in their own special way... ;)

Seriously, if you aren't getting in the habit of using multiple sources and verifying / evaluating information you'll be in for a shock at Uni.
I wrote my dotpoints using like 5/6 at least different sources, haha!

Campione

HSC
Man I read all of your answers, some are really incorrect. Read what veins and arteries are.

Here are my answers.

1. (D)
2. (A)
3. (B)
4. (B)
5. (C)
6. (D)
7. (A)
8. (C)
9. (B)
10. (B)
11. (B)
12. (D)
13. (B)
14. (A)
15. (C)

Discuss these answers if you wish.

freelunchbrian

HSC
ppl used the argument that when the temp of the environment increases, so does the temp of the ectotherm and hence deduce tat the answer for 6 is c. But this argument is only partially correct becos ectotherms do have adaptations tat allow them to maintain a relatively constant internal environment, eg some lizards can turn their skin brighter to reflect heat, which means that the organism would've lower temperature than the cage. so the observation that the organism has lower temperature than the cage also applies to ectotherms. the answer is D

rlmck

HSC
What option did all you guys answer. Did anyone do biochemistry ?

hairej1

HSC
freelunchbrian said:
ppl used the argument that when the temp of the environment increases, so does the temp of the ectotherm and hence deduce tat the answer for 6 is c. But this argument is only partially correct becos ectotherms do have adaptations tat allow them to maintain a relatively constant internal environment, eg some lizards can turn their skin brighter to reflect heat, which means that the organism would've lower temperature than the cage. so the observation that the organism has lower temperature than the cage also applies to ectotherms. the answer is D
ahk yea that was a confusing question..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)