Multimedia option (1 Viewer)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Protection of the Author/Composer (good old English)
Acknowledging her sources
Citing websites, resources used
Including Bibliographies
Intellectual property of others
Failure to acknowledge and cite sources
Possibility of copyright infringement
Breach of copyright (soundtracks)

Also I wrote something about Images and how they may be "stolen" or misrepresented from other websites and sources, linking it back to intellectual property and potential failures of citing sites (read that back to yourself, wannabe alliteration ;)) and that's pretty much it.

Why is it important?
See above points :)

Bandit

I said that it was important because it was against the law to breech copyright laws, which could result in her being fined. Secondly I said that given that the interview panel were interested in her work, if they suspected that she was not the sole author of the work and that she was plagiarizing then they would not give her the job she wanted. I said it in more words, but thats the general feel of what I said.

Huy

HSC
N/A
You must keep in mind that it was a 5 marker.

Depending on your response, I would give it 3-4, quite possibly a 5 as it links to the scenario (but it all depends, I know you are only summarising it and it's not verbatim).

:)

Sparr0w

the 'board' of interviews could be looking for copyright material. It would be unethical for her use others material since she is going into the industry herself?

pocydto

Just while we're on the subject of option topics here, did anyone read the marking guidelines for the 2002 HSC? It says that 6% or so of the candidates in IPT answered more than 2 option topics lollll :rolleyes:

That 6% might look like a small percentage but 6% of the total candidates of IPT is 600 people :eek:

Hehe did anyone answer more than 2 option topics by any chance?

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Originally posted by Huy
Including Bibliographies
see i was thinking about this stuff first but then i realised she wouldnt have to acknowledge any sources or a bibliography or anything because it is her work, and she wasnt doing any research or anything... so this question stumped me

i said that she had to make sure she had a copyright on her work because if she doesnt get the job, since the interview panel has got a copy of her work on a CD-ROM.......this would allow them to steal her work and possibly use it for their own use and display when they get a copyright on it themselves......this will mean she loses her work and may need to redevelop another showcase since she cant use the same one to show other employment industries......i said sumfing like that.....wat u rekon??......it didnt say anythign about wat she must to get a copyright on it?????.......it was worth 3 marks, wat u all rekon

Last edited:

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by *~Dazed~*
see i was thinking about this stuff first but then i realised she wouldnt have to acknowledge any sources or a bibliography or anything because it is her work, and she wasnt doing any research or anything... so this question stumped me
I read "copyright" and wrote down everything I could think about, or relating to, Copyright LOL.

Then summarised it and linked it all back to the scenario/Anna.

@don't stop running:
I don't think the interviewers are going to "copyright her work" for themselves, they're trying to HIRE her to create her own artworks! ;)

And as for stealing her work, that's a little far-fetched for a panel of interviewers.

She wasn't getting a copyright on anything.
It was just about possible breaches of copyright and how important this is in relation to her portfolio.

i dnt know man.......lets just wait and c wat happens,...i still cant c a good reason for it?? or even a good answer

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by dnt stop runnin
i still cant c a good reason for it?? or even a good answer
Originally posted by Huy
Including Bibliographies

Also I wrote something about Images and how they may be "stolen" or misrepresented from other websites and sources, linking it back to intellectual property and potential failures of citing sites (read that back to yourself, wannabe alliteration ;)) and that's pretty much it.

Why is it important?
See above points :)
*whistles*

JUST KIDDING!
I think most of my points would be valid and would suffice for the 3 mark allocation. :)

I wrote an entire page (BOS booklet) for it! *shifty look*

so do u agree that our answer might be correct??......i rekon its a possibility

i said that she had to make sure she had a copyright on her work because if she doesnt get the job, since the interview panel has got a copy of her work on a CD-ROM.......this would allow them to steal her work and possibly use it for their own use and display when they get a copyright on it themselves......this will mean she loses her work and may need to redevelop another showcase since she cant use the same one to show other employment industries......i said sumfing like that.....wat u rekon??......it didnt say anythign about wat she must to get a copyright on it?????.......it was worth 3 marks, wat u all rekon

.........im pretty sure that they were her own work.....i think thats how we were supposed to interpret it

Last edited:

Huy

HSC
N/A
Whether or not we have the correct answer, I think it's safe to say that when a question/response eats up too much time, you need to move onto the next question.

A good example would be my Trial exam :)

1/1
3/3
4/4
3/3
2/2

Yep, going smoothly...

Last option Topic, something like:

1/1
2/2
3/4
1/4
0/3
0/4
0/3
0/2

You get the picture :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)