• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Multimedia Major (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Simo_da_bodyboarder
  • Start date
S

Simo_da_bodyboarder

Hey hows it goin people, i was wondering what people are doing for their majors in multimedia so I could and everyone can get an idea what are some great ideas.
So please msg this!!!!!!

:ninja:SIMO:ninja:

S

Simo_da_bodyboarder

Pelease ppl can you give me some ideas cause i want to start thinking now! Ti will help everyone aswell?

fatmuscle

HSC
think of a topic that u can get good info from
and make a nice presentation from it.

I did mine on plants.
u just borrow a few plant books.
tax the information. (cos the info will be standrad info.)
get a digital camera and take pictures and videos of plants at a nursery

put it all together, arrange it nicely, and you got one top multimedia presentation.

btw, i did plants cos i had it all planned out.

i still have it somewhere i think?

Beaker

I did mine on a band because we had to.

Incorporated pictures and a video as well..

Try and think out of the square not really in the concept but the content but in the same sense don't go too far just do what they expect.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
mine was to choose a country/culture and make a interactive presentation on that country for yr 9 students; i chose france....it was so amazing...my teacher was like. "xyz (my name) have u thought bout doing software engineering:D"

cant remember much now......i had -audio; graphics; 360 degree views of different monuments in ULEAD 360.....games/activities; anthem of country; facts....i limited the text written as no one likes to read much....ofcourse multimedia shud be interactive ;) and then since acknowledgement is a social issue so i had a page giving the bibliography and thanks to people who gave me their yr 10 assignments to use and my yr 10 french teacher for the "baby" books on france ;)

Last edited:

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
crickey yes i have a project like this as well
it says Multimedia Presentation... geez so you would have quiet alot of Parts to your Presentation aye.... i mean including the online help of course.. how big does this thing have to be.. the sheet i got has no real indication of this..
Also did u guys use one particular program to present the whole of your presentation in ? Like i was thinking for mine maybe i could use Word and have links to certain pages such as my powerpoint prseentation etc.. or would it be easier to do the whole presentation in powerpoint????

Last edited:

fatmuscle

HSC
easier to do it all in powerpoint

if you do it well, a powerpoint presentation can very VERY effective.

if not, just do it as a webpage in a border.

Seraph

HSC
N/A
how much content did you have in your presentation? when i say this what where the basic contents of your presentation ?

im asking this, cause im trying to figure out what exactly i should do , like i said the sheet i got has no great info on this

S

Simo_da_bodyboarder

If i have the choice i am going to do mine as a webpage.
I think i excell in that part

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Originally posted by Seraph
crickey yes i have a project like this as well
it says Multimedia Presentation... geez so you would have quiet alot of Parts to your Presentation aye.... i mean including the online help of course.. how big does this thing have to be.. the sheet i got has no real indication of this.........
mine didnt indicate how big it was supposed to be...but i had 41 slides made in HyperStudio...which is MUCH MUCH HARDER AND COMPLICATED than PowerPoint...id suggest dont do it in PwrPnt.....do it in a better program if ur school has other programs licensed! as a yr 8-9 student can do power point! and do it in just one program/application as it will be much more consistent in design...(IMPT PART IN MULTIMEDIA!!).....and i spent approximately 55 hrs on this assessment during the summer vactations...tho it depends the amount of time u've got to finish the work! :D Good Luck :)

Last edited:

Seraph

HSC
N/A
geez 41 slides..... -_-
are we doing the same project here ...... i wonder

yea i dont think my school has Hyperstudio though :( not too sure

Seraph

HSC
N/A
hmm i might do it as a website what would be a good program to use?
ive got Frontpage..............
but what about Dreamweaver? maybe i should use that..... ???? i havent got it , but i can easily get it from me mates

And geez if u have 41 slides
how on earth did u plan the project ????? because thats why i need to determine what exactly is going to be in my project because i gotta construct storyboards and system flowcharts and so forth
How did u do a storyboard for 41 slides ??

Last edited:

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
since it was not a MAJOR project ( i had Info sys and DB and Proj work combined for major) i didnt have to make storyboards, gantt charts, or any diagrams.....i just made a storyboard on my own will as it helps u plan it well...n know what topics u wud be having in ur presentation....i had as far as i remember (facts, food, games/activiites, counting in french, 3d views of monuments, french class teaching: greetings, simple statements, climates, tests)....n for food i divided it into Breakfast; Lunch; Dinner....and i dubbed my voice...ie saying how u wud say a particular food in french accent (lolz i dont have one tho...i just tried).....and i did make 41 slides.....which obviously included the front page and the acknoldgements page.....in the 3d views...i had 3 monuments....each on a different page and each were linked to the other 2 on each page :s.....and i had a test for counting on french numbers....i ahd the number buttons and the number eg "Un" where " Un = One " and the user had to click the right button....if they selected "1" for Un....a sound will be heard to indicate the right answer and if wrong a wrong buzzer will ring....etc etc....it took me longer to think it out as well as do it......and in games/activities i had a puzzel and test on french cliamte (which the audience learnt on climates page)...think ive typed too much now:s

i wudnt recommend website....depends how big u want it to be,...i made one in yr 11...in frontpage....it took me ages as i used a million additional programs to add effects to pictures; animations; java scripts (tho i didnt know java then...im learning it now...i cud play around with it tho)....im not that familiar with Dreamweaver...id suggest if havent used Dreamweaver and u intend to use it start using soon as i reckon otherwise it'd be too stressful to Learn + Do ur best! i ahd it during the summer vacations (im glad we did it at first as its a time consuming assessment....but multimedia itself is the easiest to understand!) so i cud learn HyperStudio during Holidays...and also our teacher said every1 will do the assess in hyperstd so its a standard to mark...i got full marks in practical component :D.....id suggest do follow proper design principles!

whats ur topic Seraph? what school do u go to? u seem v keen!

Last edited:

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
HyperStudio is a multimedia project building software

fatmuscle

HSC
lol hyperstudio!!!

we used to make useless animations with that.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Originally posted by fatmuscle
lol hyperstudio!!!

we used to make useless animations with that.
animations? its a multimedia presentation software =\

C

CaR

cool!
so do we get to choose either a powerpoint or a website?! and what about...if we did the website w /java n blah...would we get more marks?! o_O'

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Originally posted by CaR
cool!
so do we get to choose either a powerpoint or a website?! and what about...if we did the website w /java n blah...would we get more marks?! o_O'
we did both website and ppt in yr 11....so there u go.....what id suggest is....use java scripts free online :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)