Muhammad Cartoon Controversy (1 Viewer)

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
davin said:
and you object to all 12? please explain how each of those 12 calls all muslims terrorists
Are you saying all 12 dont, I didnt say all 12 do

davin said:
if the protests are because muslims don't want to be viewed as terrorists, shouldn't they protest WHY Islam and terrorism are viewed as linked? People don't think they're terrorists because of cartoons. Or the media. Its becase OF 9/11, and Bali, and the train bombings in spain, the subway bombings in London, and numorous other events. Where are the protests of Muslims that don't like being linked to terrorism by other Muslims commiting numerous acts of terrorism?
Im not talking about linking, im talking about depicting every muslim as a terrorist. There is a difference

davin said:
first of all, explain how it called 1/5th of the world terrorists...second of all, what effects does that have? how is that causing someone physical harm, loss of property, or loss of income? and why not then take it to court, as one would in any of those cases?
Firstly 1/5th of the world is muslim, so depicting Muhammad (pbuh) as a terrorist then labels his followers as terrorists.

and do you really think that has no effect, it just creates further division and gives extremists more power to recruit. Creating division is not what people want, that is why many European countries have a law regarding anti-semetic material being published and why the vilification (not criticism) of a religion is illegal in Australia

ill also add that there is censorship on swearing on T.V and newspapers etc. because of the fact it offends people, so whats the difference here

im sure alot of people will agree that vilification of a religion or race is wrong

TerrbleSpellor said:
They think that they are the "right" ones, so therefore they think they have a right to act in such a disgusting manner on issues like this (and others), and its not just some muslims, all Muslims need to seperate themselves from their religion once in a while.
well im sure eveyone thinks they are "right"

But no one has the right to react the way many people have around the world to these cartoons, using violence as a way of making a point is just so very wrong

That is why I have said that these cartoons are a worse depiction of Islam then the cartoons themselves

davin

HSC
N/A
ok, but...could one not then say that, well, they're saying all people are terrorists, as muhommad is a person? second, are you viewing this as they were drawing muhommad the person that supposedly lived hundreds of years ago in reference to himself, or as a representation of islam in general and so it was just how they chose to depict religion?

how is this vilification? its criticism, because it is analising real issues with islam, and elements that applied to denmark. and while tehre is censorship, generally, on broadcast tv, this tends to be because its government controlled because there are limited bandwidths available. to my knowledge, there really isn't censorship on the newspapers from the gov't anymore as there is censorship on any other printed material.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Jordan.J said:
But the point is you cant
We're arguing my ideal world vs yours, not Australia vs your utopia.
and surely calling depicting 1/5th of the worlds population as terrorists has its effects
Noone has a right not to be offended, and ironically it will only have its effects if there are terrorists among that 1/5th of the population.

**blu_rose**

HSC
Jordan.JAlot of people are saying just get over it said:
islam is continuously being mocked and degraded by the media and when a muslim responsively shows any form of reaction, ppl merely say get over it. it doesn't look like any other religion has been negatively focused on for yrs now as islam has. ppl cant seriously expect that u can degrade a whole population non stop and then have no reaction.

and i am so sick of these mundane statements of "freedom of speech." there are limits to feedom of speech as it can be seen from the papers' editor's refusal to publish the jesus cartoons...didn't the cartoonist hold this same right 3 yrs ago.

davin

HSC
N/A
yup he had the right. he drew them....and the paper didn't like them. i'd have to dig it up but i'd heard that the cartoons had been refused without that clear a reason. i've also not seen those jesus cartoons to see if they had any point to them or were just potshots at religion with little actual reason.
also realise, the paper has the right to decide if they'll print something. cartoonist has right to draw what he wants....but he doens't have right to have a paper be forced to accept it

and as far as religions go, christianity takes a very constant bashing, i've noticed... while there's not much against muslim religion.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Denmark has a larger Christian population that Muslim population (assumption, but if I'm wrong please call me on it:)), and this means it was a primarily commercial decision not to publish them because it would hurt their sales too much. They don't really care about Muslim cartoons because Denmark has a relatively low Islamic population and they don't sell their papers to the Middle East.

blu rose: You obviously didn't have your eyes open when a few years ago every second cartoon depicted priests as paedophiles.

**blu_rose**

HSC
SashatheMan said:
There seems to be a growing number of Muslims who call themselves "Quran only" Muslims. Now why would that be anything to boast about, let alone be a trend? If you haven't read the Hadith, the answer may not be apparent. For in the Hadith, are the accounts of Mohammad's deeds and examples. This is the only place they are found, for the Quran is supposedly the world of Allah. No person can come to know Mohammad without knowing the Hadith. The reason a growing number of Muslims want to invalidate the Hadith, is that the Hadith depict Muhammad as a most unsavory person: a selfish, egotistical pirate, serial-murderer, sex-addict, pedophile, plagiarizer, liar, and bigot.

So it all comes down to this: If the Hadith Collections of Ishaq, Tabari, Bukhari and Muslim are true, Muhammad was the most evil man who ever lived, Allah was the most demented god ever conceived, and Islam was the most vile doctrine ever imposed on humankind.
since u guys r all strong abt having proof to support a religious statement/belief, how abt u quote something from the Hadith or wherever to show why the Prophet Muhammed was a criminal?

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
This is proof that religion has no place in our modern world anymore. If Islam will not change, they will have to be removed from Western society. I'm sick of people putting such a frivolous, vague ideology such as traditional religion first and foremost in front of their lives, other peoples lives, the environment, their sexuality, other peoples sexuality and lifestyle choices. Sometimes I wish that Islam (among other religions) would not exist. I'm sick of people defending it because it part of their "cultural heritage" and all that crap. I'm sick to death of hearing about Islam, I'm sick to death of looking at fat bitches in headscarves. I'm sick to death that people are getting away with violence and incitement of violence. I'm sick of all religious clerics putting their gospel out and expect every person to follow religion when they have a choice, and i choose not to follow...

**blu_rose**

HSC
withoutaface said:
Denmark has a larger Christian population that Muslim population (assumption, but if I'm wrong please call me on it:)), and this means it was a primarily commercial decision not to publish them because it would hurt their sales too much. They don't really care about Muslim cartoons because Denmark has a relatively low Islamic population and they don't sell their papers to the Middle East.
it is clear that the editor was aware that such a controversial article would reach muslims across the globe
he has actually stated that he was testing the muslim population and whether they would show any response

[/quote=]blu rose: You obviously didn't have your eyes open when a few years ago every second cartoon depicted priests as paedophiles.[/quote]

that is true and even though i think that was a very tragic issue the media had obviously faded off the issue and nevertheless i don't think i recall any christian being a victim of abuse during the time as muslims would have been and have been

Kulazzi

HSC
ihavenothing said:
This is proof that religion has no place in our modern world anymore.
I think modern society would be more appropriate, there are still 3rd world countries and countries which still hold traditional values and beliefs, not all have modernised.

ihavenothing said:
If Islam will not change, they will have to be removed from Western society. I'm sick of people putting such a frivolous, vague ideology such as traditional religion first and foremost in front of their lives, other peoples lives, the environment, their sexuality, other peoples sexuality and lifestyle choices. Sometimes I wish that Islam (among other religions) would not exist. I'm sick of people defending it because it part of their "cultural heritage" and all that crap. I'm sick to death of hearing about Islam, I'm sick to death of looking at fat bitches in headscarves. I'm sick to death that people are getting away with violence and incitement of violence. I'm sick of all religious clerics putting their gospel out and expect every person to follow religion when they have a choice, and i choose not to follow...
But then again, Islam (and I assume any other religion) cannot change because it is a set of beliefs. I think we should rather focus on the individual rather than the religion. I mean, I believe in Islam but still conform to Australian values ("mate", cricket, football, beach etc etc) whereas other individuals take Islam to the extreme.

And, I'm not fat ;) :rolleyes:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
**blu_rose** said:
since u guys r all strong abt having proof to support a religious statement/belief, how abt u quote something from the Hadith or wherever to show why the Prophet Muhammed was a criminal?

oh i will

Muhammad's Excessive Cruelty
http://answering-islam.org/Shamoun/cruelty.htm

All the stuff that muhammad said in the quran and hadith
http://www.prophetofdoom.net/quotes1.html

An Examination of Muhammad’s Marriage to a Prepubescent Girl And Its Moral Implications
http://answering-islam.org/Shamoun/prepubescent.htm

islam and beheading
http://www.muhammadanism.org/Islam/islam_beheading.pdf

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
**blu_rose** said:
it is clear that the editor was aware that such a controversial article would reach muslims across the globe
he has actually stated that he was testing the muslim population and whether they would show any response
It's an obscure paper in Denmark. The only reason it reached Muslims around the globe was because of a couple of dumbshit imams who decided it'd be fun to stir up trouble.
that is true and even though i think that was a very tragic issue the media had obviously faded off the issue and nevertheless i don't think i recall any christian being a victim of abuse during the time as muslims would have been and have been
Wha? That sentence doesn't make much sense.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
**blu_rose** said:
he has every right to test muslims, and their reactions. Its time we put a stop to muslims thinking they are above all , and react like animals to anything they dont like.

I think van Goghs murder plays a little part in the danish saying enough, of this overreaction of muslims, if they wanna act like animals, we have to make the world realise they act like animals and force them to stop.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
http://egyptiansandmonkey.blogspot.com/2006/02/boycott-egypt.html

Freedom For Egyptians reminded me why the cartoons looked so familiar to me: they were actually printed in the Egyptian Newspaper Al Fagr back in October 2005. I repeat, October 2005, during Ramadan, for all the egyptian muslim population to see, and not a single squeak of outrage was present
It just goes to show the riots have absolutely nothing to do with the cartoons, or respect for the religion. It's politically motivated and are just out to incite trouble.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
and this is a good read aswell

http://www.neandernews.com/?p=54

tells people that Imam Ahmad Abu Ladan, leader of The Islamic Society of Denmark , is the fuker that wanted to make shit up and was the one responsible for spreading the cartoons, which later revealed the true ugly side of muslims around the world. The article includes a photo that this imam also included, which wasnt even part of the other 12 cartoons

Scanorama

HSC
What's the big fuss about those pictures? People make fun of Christians all the time, yet I don't see them killing others or burning other houses.

M.I.A-187

HSC
Well i dunno where my post is at now since it is buried by that much debates going on o_0.

I think those muslim should learn to chill or draw their funny comic about christian their own so they can enjoy the humor being gained :). After thinking for a while well i am buddist and in truth i wouldn't really like it if some pplz make jokes about religion but the thing is buddist wouldn't go round threataning to chop off pplz's head wu tang clan style.

Also extremist themselves don't show much respect to other religion either ( like for example buddist statue bombed on afghanistan). Now throught that you only see peaceful protest about this issue but no violent riot and stuff. If they can have guts to ridicule other's religion then they should expect some pplz in the world will do that too.

Another example is a 2pac song named "i got my mind made up" In the song Method man said "F##K you loser while you fake jakes i manevour like Hitler sticking up Jews with German Lugers" you didn't see Jews all around the world demanding method man to apologise or threatan to burn him alive etc....well maybe if they know it might happan :)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
In my opinion this seems to have less and less to do with Islam itself as more facts are revealed (the fake pictures, imams stirring things up, government propaganda) and more to do with how easy it is to get a large group of young men to act like morons if you give them someone to hate, whether it's the West, or Lebanese people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)