Muhammad Cartoon Controversy (1 Viewer)

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Re: Jihad Against Danish Newspaper

Not-That-Bright said:
If you seriously cannot handle your religion being mocked and ridiculed you should not be here in Australia. We have the right to mock and ridicule your religion all we want.
and in the same way I have the right to support "terrorists" all I like?

get_born

Serius said:
I totally agree freedom of speech all the way!

so we arent supposed to draw pictures or make fun of mohamed right?
No you should't - and people shouldn't make fun of other religions or even people who dont believe in God. You dont have to make fun of religion or "having no religion" to have a laugh because that degrades the notion of tolerance.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC

Hahah, breasts, love it.

Seriously though, I agree with the Queen of Denmark:
http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatch/archives/005743.php

And especially when she describes them as "these people for whom religion is their entire lives".

Although, even the Pope doesn't tell anyone to bomb those that make fun of Catholics. Edit: At least not in the last 700 years or so he hasn't, that is.

Then again, the last witchhunts finished in like the 19th century...

TerrbleSpellor said:
The source of all the problems of conflict with muslims, is that Muslims lack one element that all other religions have. They are unable to seperate reality from religion. It's ok for people to strongly believe in something, but Muslims are unable to get a reality check, out of fear of going to hell or what ever the punishment is.
Really? Like, every single one of the billion-ish number of muslims on earth? Even the most moderate ones?

And do you also mean to say that this is exclusive to Muslims?

You should find out some more about some of the fundamentalist Christians over in the USA. Admittedly they don't bomb anyone, but they're absolutely insane, probably even more devoted than the Muslim fundamentalists.

Last edited:
HSC

You are. The way you are blindfolded agaist any argument a person might put forward against Islam is sickening. I've been arguing with Muslims in this forum for months but they can't accept a different view. Very annoying indeed.

get_born

GoodSirLancelot said:
You are. The way you are blindfolded agaist any argument a person might put forward against Islam is sickening. I've been arguing with Muslims in this forum for months but they can't accept a different view. Very annoying indeed.
Why is it that i have to accept your view and you not accept mine. Its not about accepting...its about tolerating and accepting.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC

zahid said:
and in the same way I have the right to support "terrorists" all I like?
You have the right to support terrorists vocally... but not via financial aid or anything.

HSC

last_chance said:
Why is it that i have to accept your view and you not accept mine. Its not about accepting...its about tolerating and accepting.
My view is correct.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC

Admittedly they don't bomb anyone
- They bomb abortion clinics, they bomb the IRS, etc etc etc...
- They attempt to limit the liberties of women.
- They attempt to limit the liberties of blacks.
- They waste alot of time and money that could have been better spent.

sly fly

HSC

Even freedom of speech/expression has it's limits.

get_born

GoodSirLancelot said:
My view is correct.
You have a highly stubborn, arrogant and egotistical way of thinking.:uhhuh:

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC

TerrbleSpellor said:
If osama wants to sit down and draw a satiracle cartoon of Bush, he is most welcome :)
Why would he need to when the majority of western journalists will do it for him?

Like that one that the hostage takers in Iraq released when they discovered the journalist was vocally anti-bush.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC

I think it is ridiculous that people care about religion and figures that have little importance realistically and people continue to protect their belief system that claims to be the voice of god. If people took these things with a grain of salt and not blindly follow religion only through tradition.

I don't think it has been wise to allow immigrants from a strict Muslim teaching into Western societies as it only globalises the whole "culture clash" issue. Denmark, of which is my fatherland has been a sucessful, functioning society for over hundreds of years and does not need these threats to change its identity, which religion is downplayed and freedom of speech can be expressed in good humour with little fuss.

It is also a shame that Islam acts as a prison for men like me to happen to be biologically, not psychologically attracted to the same sex and demands that actions like these be scapegoated and branded immoral and limits their freedom of sexuality. It is a complete abhorration and people who act as do-gooders only to "protect" these people from more hate can do themselves a favour and fuck off and stop arse kissing and digging yourself in deeper shit.

Zahid (product of Islamic globalisation), with your views I believe it is doubtful that you will attain your goals (you fucking boast about) in this country if they become public you can kiss your ass goodbye to them and realise your future may be cleaning toilets at the local KFC.

HSC

last_chance said:
You have a highly stubborn, arrogant and egotistical way of thinking.:uhhuh:
Nuh uh. I'm backed by science and logic. You're backed by fantasy and paranoia. :uhhuh:

get_born

TerrbleSpellor said:
Yes, EVERY SINGLE MUSLIM ON EARTH. :eek: Of course i don't mean EVERY SINGLE FREAKING ONE OF THEM, for christs sake, you know what the hell i mean, so just shut up and stop nit picking. I'm sick of this childish "you aren't defining it well enough" bull-s**t, just STFU and go home.

If osama wants to sit down and draw a satiracle cartoon of Bush, he is most welcome :)
Satirical cartoons of Bush, Howard or even me are totally different then satirising prophets, God, Jesus, Buddha and so on. A line has to be drawn somewhere. I dont know of anyone who sits and prays to Howard or of a religion called Bush. (Who knows someone may come up with it :p) But anyways the point is zillions of people around the world believe in a higher order and once this belief has been mocked and ridiculed it leads to people being upset and hurt.

HSC

last_chance said:
Satirical cartoons of Bush, Howard or even me are totally different then satirising prophets, God, Jesus, Buddha and so on. A line has to be drawn somewhere. I dont know of anyone who sits and prays to Howard or of a religion called Bush.
Because you don't know of any people that pray to Howard makes them non-existant?

last_chance said:
But anyways the point is zillions of people around the world believe in a higher order and once this belief has been mocked and ridiculed it leads to people being upset and hurt.
That's because they're stupid.

sly fly

HSC

^last chance, don't bother......they don't realise what the prophet (p) means to us. They have no idea what it's like to love the prophet (p) more than your own self, more than your own family. People can come and mock me, my nationality, my political leader etc all they want, I don't really care......but mocking the person I look up to and love the most in this world, the very person who was generous and compassionate to everyone, is going too far.

get_born

ihavenothing said:
I think it is ridiculous that people care about religion and figures that have little importance realistically and people continue to protect their belief system that claims to be the voice of god. If people took these things with a grain of salt and not blindly follow religion only through tradition.

I don't think it has been wise to allow immigrants from a strict Muslim teaching into Western societies as it only globalises the whole "culture clash" issue. Denmark, of which is my fatherland has been a sucessful, functioning society for over hundreds of years and does not need these threats to change its identity, which religion is downplayed and freedom of speech can be expressed in good humour with little fuss.

People have the right to believe in what they want just as others have the right to chose not to believe in such things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)