• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Mugabe laughs while his people die (1 Viewer)

ironman000

HSC
i wish sooner or later the united states and her European allies floor Zimbabwe with commandos and bombard the Mugabe's home with F-22 fighter jets. it would be a fitting end to his regime.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
He sounds remarkably like he has lost his mind, albeit not recently.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
assasinbaton plos

Lentern

HSC
Kwayera said:
He sounds remarkably like he has lost his mind, albeit not recently.
I agree, try as we might to deny it the Mugabe of the eighties, although no Nelson Mandella, I guess you could see how he could be liked. But since I was old enough to understand politics he's just looked progressively mad, getting whipped into a temper over nothing, forever sweating crazily, his policies have gone from dumb, to insensitive, to sadistic, Some days he seems unshakeable, you could tell him his whole family had been raped and killed by White Supremacists and he'd chuckle and shake his hand before replying "well the British will know what they can expect now" another day you'd think he'd peg his cup of tea at his servant because it was not hot enough.

About a year ago I said something to the effect of "If Obama is elected his biggest mandate is surely to try and establish some diplomacy with Mugabe, as a black leader of a western nation he'd have so much more leverage than we'll probably see again before he dies" But nowI doubt reverend Sharpton could get sense out of him.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Will Shakespear said:
Mugabe is a great man, and a lover of freedom

Praise be to Mugabe
He has nice glasses and pimping suits.

Praise be to Mugabe

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I just like how he ties to play Gordon Brown up as a signifciant international plauyer behind major imperialist consipracy. Like, hello. Srly, just softly strangle the guy

ironman000

HSC
how could any fucking sane person rock up to his fucking rallies. you have to be a srs shit head to do so.

impervious182

HSC
Mugabe has never been completely sane, let's not even pretend there. The irony here is that the powers he preaches against actually helped install him.

What the Zimbabwe situation has highlighted though is the frivolity of the African Union and the corruption and stick-together-like-shit-to-a-shoe mentality of African countries - even those like South Africa and Ghana. None of these countries will act or properly denounce Mugabe; regardless of the regional instability which is resulting from the hundreds of thousands of refugees and the human rights abuses within Africa.

So yes, we can sit at our computers and say; 'bad, BAD Mugabe!' We can even shake our heads in disgrace... but we can't forget the bigger picture. No one has, loudly enough, called for action in Zimbabwe and the African Union have sat on their asses for years and allowed these atrocities to occur. Why? Because many other African countries are themselves corrupt and run by dictators, too scared for fear of the repercussions on their own state. It's time the African situation was addressed properly and with a new determination; unfortunately America has its hands full and grow war-weary and there is no other world power with the morals to act in the face of such evil.

Let's not forget that Zimbabwe has been making the papers for years and years - this isn't a recent occurrence. It's just getting progressively worse and reached an all new-height since the fraudulent elections which took place.

Last edited:

Lentern

HSC
alexdore993 said:
Mugabe has never been completely sane, let's not even pretend there. The irony here is that the powers he preaches against actually helped install him.

What the Zimbabwe situation has highlighted though is the frivolity of the African Union and the corruption and stick-together-like-shit-to-a-shoe mentality of African countries - even those like South Africa and Ghana. None of these countries will act or properly denounce Mugabe; regardless of the regional instability which is resulting from the hundreds of thousands of refugees and the human rights abuses within Africa.

So yes, we can sit at our computers and say; 'bad, BAD Mugabe!' We can even shake our heads in disgrace... but we can't forget the bigger picture. No one has, loudly enough, called for action in Zimbabwe and the African Union have sat on their asses for years and allowed these atrocities to occur. Why? Because many other African countries are themselves corrupt and run by dictators, too scared for fear of the repercussions on their own state. It's time the African situation was addressed properly and with a new determination; unfortunately America has its hands full and grow war-weary and there is no other world power with the morals to act in the face of such evil.

Let's not forget that Zimbabwe has been making the papers for years and years - this isn't a recent occurrence. It's just getting progressively worse and reached an all new-height since the fraudulent elections which took place.
How powel do you need to be to "act" as you call it. It probably doesn't do any good for the siutation however when safe havens like Australia decide we're going to lower the number of African refugees it accepts per year.

Any attempt to try and oust Mugabe will end in tragedy, it will give credence to his preaching that the West does not respect African sovereignty and will result in another extremist coming to power, and probably Tsvangarai will me labelled a traitor because of it. He is in his eighties and seriously ill, the most effective response is to ensure safe refuge for as many Zimbabwe people as is possible, even if he is replaced by another nationalist, it's unlikely the successsor will be senile.

banco55

HSC
ironman000 said:
how could any fucking sane person rock up to his fucking rallies. you have to be a srs shit head to do so.
This is Africa we are talking about.

zstar

HSC
N/A
But how can this be?

I thought all the greatest scientists and inventors were African?

I thought Jesus was black too.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
Amazing this is happening right infront of our eyes and no one is trying to intervene. Unless the US says lets do something about it, the world just keep watching and offer lip service. This is why we need strong US President like George Bush to put the world in Order.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
Amazing this is happening right infront of our eyes and no one is trying to intervene. Unless the US says lets do something about it, the world just keep watching and offer lip service. This is why we need strong US President like George Bush to put the world in Order.
ROFL.

I actually thought for a second there you cared about the plight of the Zimbabwean People, then i remembered who you were.

Kittikhun

HSC
I don't get it. What caused him to be like this in the first place? Is it because of his animosity towards people of Caucasian descent? If it is, why the hell is he continuing to mess up his country and showing apathy to Zimbabweans of African descent when the whites have left already? Why the hell is he doing this while he wants to remain in power? I don't get it.

Lentern

HSC
Kittikhun said:
I don't get it. What caused him to be like this in the first place? Is it because of his animosity towards people of Caucasian descent? If it is, why the hell is he continuing to mess up his country and showing apathy to Zimbabweans of African descent when the whites have left already? Why the hell is he doing this while he wants to remain in power? I don't get it.
Because even a dictator needs support of some of the country and the way he does that is through manipulation of fear. Not the fear that he will kill them, although that is strong, but that of Zimbabwe people becoming slaves to the Boer. He is still seen in many parts as a liberator and the rhetoric he pushes is that he is deeply upset at the hardship they are all going through but if he eased up then the Boer would take control in a matter of minutes and there'd not even be hope of a propserous future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)