MSN Messenger 6.2 Released (1 Viewer)

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
also i wish that i can change the display names of ppl....coz ppl. are always changing nicknames and i find it hard sometimes to work out who is who on the list (and their e-mail addresses don't help either!).
yeah just dl msn plus enable you to keep logs and change their names :) /sevillaugh

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Winston
LMAO... ryan, maybe because what rage said, when you were installing MSN Plus, you have to not agree to installing sponsorware, and it's not MS's fault, they don't incorporate sponsorware.
if you dont agree then you cant install it lol

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
lol you will find that ever so often there is going to be a new version of msn....it's the only way they can keep updating the advertisments without putting adwares on our computers

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by redslert
lol you will find that ever so often there is going to be a new version of msn....it's the only way they can keep updating the advertisments without putting adwares on our computers
same goes with updates for many programs

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by dark`secrets
if you dont agree then you cant install it lol
Originally posted by RCMasterAA
You can still install MSN Plus if you don't accept the sponsorware...

Ahuh... RCMasterAA is right, they don't force you.. perhaps if you read it a little more carefully.

Carlito

HSC
hrmm im havinng troubles installing it....

redownloaded it and got the same error

Winston

HSC
Try putting the MSI file onto desktop and executing it from there, what version of MSI do you have installed? And you're not running SP2 Beta are you Carl ? :p

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
so is there any catches to this- i.e is it an adware? :S
There is adware/spyware included, but that's an optional thing to install, they call it Sponsorware, and you can choose whether or not to install it.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
There is adware/spyware included, but that's an optional thing to install, they call it Sponsorware, and you can choose whether or not to install it.
lolz ok-well who would wanna install the "sponsorware"? :p

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
people who click next at a hundred miles an hour

Carlito

HSC
Try putting the MSI file onto desktop and executing it from there, what version of MSI do you have installed? And you're not running SP2 Beta are you Carl ? :p
hmm, well its not an msn problem, cause i tried to install another program and i got the same error, so it is something to do with that windows installer MSI thingy, but i dont know what... and im running windows xp SP1. how do i find out my MSI version?

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Carlito
hmm, well its not an msn problem, cause i tried to install another program and i got the same error, so it is something to do with that windows installer MSI thingy, but i dont know what... and im running windows xp SP1. how do i find out my MSI version?
That's a little strange, you should have Windows Installer 2.0 installed. Generally that message happens when you're not executing the Setup file itself, and directly executing the MSI file, which in some cases, it's not allowed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)