msn file receiving (1 Viewer)

deano059

HSC
in msn 7 is there a reason why when sum1 tries to send me a file it would not come up on my screen?

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
What file type is it? It may be a blocked extension.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
i think theres some bug in file sending...

you gotta actually talk to the person before you send the file. don't open a fresh chat window and just send something....

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Yeah. That too. That's because there's no session between the people... so the file won't go anywhere. Leaving the window open for a few seconds or starting to type a message will initiate a session and you can send a file.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, msn has to open the switchboard session with the server before you can send the file.
So yes try that.

May also be file extentions.

A number of file extentions were blocked in msn 7.0.777

These include:

ade, adp, app, asp, bas, bat, cer, chm, cmd, com, cpl, crt, csh, exe, fxp, hlp, hta, inf, ins, isp, its, js, jpeg, jse, ksh, lnk, mad, maf, mag, mam, maq, mar, mas, mat, mau, mav, maw, mda, mdb, mde, mdt, mdw, mdz, msc, msi, msp, mst, mp3, ops, pcd, pif, prf, prg, pst, reg, scf, scr, sct, shb, shs, tmp, url, vb, vbe, vbs, vsd, vsmacros, vss, vst, vsw, ws, wsc, wsf, wsh.

Have no idea why they blocked jpegs and mp3s.

However, MS is deveping a patch which should solve sign in issues and allow sending of mp3s and jpegs.

It is currently being beta tested atm. Its build 7.0.813. btw it has being leaked so google search it and you may find it.

sladehk

le random
HSC
There used to be a JPEG problem where code could be placed in the file because of an exploit. But then Windows released a patch for it, so it's fixed now if you updated.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
I can still send mp3 over msn. With MSN Plus's winamp extension, I can send the song that is currently playing

santaslayer

HSC
Deus said:
I need to read the IT Stuff Rules
ahahahaha...

anyway, I installed the patch but now it overrides the A-patch I initially installed to get rid of advertisments. That is, A-Patch does not seem to work anymore. (I can see the ads again). I go to add/remove programs and find the patch titled as "MSN Update" but it won't allow me to delete the file. What should I do? Reinstall 7.0 MSN again?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
lmao looks like youll all have to wait to the official release....
(and no dont pm or anything for my copy, im an official msn beta tester, and as such signed an agreement not to distibute MY copy :) )

Anyway, santaslayer, get the new A-patch from A-patch.tk (its now compatible with 813) and just install it.

It should work fine :)

If you want to go back to 777 just open your original 777 install file. :)

santaslayer

HSC
Deus said:
lmao looks like youll all have to wait to the official release....
(and no dont pm or anything for my copy, im an official msn beta tester, and as such signed an agreement not to distibute MY copy :) )

Anyway, santaslayer, get the new A-patch from A-patch.tk (its now compatible with 813) and just install it.

It should work fine :)

If you want to go back to 777 just open your original 777 install file. :)
Thanks man. :p

pete_mate

HSC
stupid microsoft baby-ing people, though i did send someone a file i renamed to
virus.exe and they opened it

anyway you can bypass all this crap by putting your viruses *cough* files, into .zip files, or of course binding your viruses/trojans to files that are accepted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)