MS word problem (1 Viewer)

nicksta_40

HSC
hey guys, my word program's language setting is permanently set to English (US) so words such as 'metre' and 'analyse' are corrected to 'meter' and 'analyze' i.e the US spellings, how to do i permanently change it to English (Australia)? cuz when i try when doing a spell check, its only temporary change

sunny

meh.
HSC
Its a bug in Microsoft Word. Update to the latest patches and it should be fine.

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
sorry to charge in, but i didnt want to create a new thread, hope you don't mind, its still about MS Word

after opening a document, these gray ninety degrees angled lines appear on each of the corners of my document, i dont know how to get rid of them, does anyone know? its probably got something to do with the margins, but ive unticked and reticked several boxes and they won't go away

here is what it looks like

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Go to Tools -> Options. Under the "View" tab, uncheck "Text Boundaries" (under "Print and Web Layout Settings"), and press OK. That will get rid of them.

I_F

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
thats the weird thing, its already unticked, and ive tried ticking and unticking and it still doesn't work

is something else causing this?

--------------

EDIT
ok i found out what that something else was, it was to do with additional language supports

thanks for your help anyway

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)