mreditor's answers... (1 Viewer)

IR

HSC
Re: hmmm.

mate why do you always tell people that they're going to lose marks after an exam for not writing the same thing as you when no one yet knows the guidelines LOL

I doubt there was a whole mark allocated for the units. More likely one mark for finding the time, one for subbing into acceleration. Most likely you won't lose any marks, but you never know.
Cos I am screwed. I wanna rip my brain and fcking put it in your breakfast bowls and give you Neuron cereals. I fcking hate my brain. Even worse, I fcking hate myself for being a loser so I go and try not to feel like one and say ur wrong. Just take it as a joke when I say ur wrong.

iStudent

HSC
Not to be a party pooper or anything but wouldn't missing units cost you state rank? (since they're trying to find the 10 papers with the most complete + most efficient methods?). That's what someone told me when they determine state ranks (not sure about credibility)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Not to be a party pooper or anything but wouldn't missing units cost you state rank? (since they're trying to find the 10 papers with the most complete + most efficient methods?). That's what someone told me when they determine state ranks (not sure about credibility)
I have never heard of this before.

IR

HSC
look I honestly have no idea what you're saying :/ I'm just saying maybe its not a great idea to tell people that they're definitely going to lose marks and get things wrong when honestly no one knows, you did that for the 7 marker in chem which personally really got me pretty worried yesterday, and again today. just calm down and focus on your remaining exams man, hope it works out well!
Orite. Thanks. You too.

Matty933

HSC
N/A
I'm looking at 60-62 /70 raw mark and my internal rank was extremely good. Is it possible to get 48/50?

mreditor16

HSC

I just did table of values and subbed in to show max? does that work? I really didn't want to differentiate. Or I am wrong?
I think that should be fine.

photastic

HSC
For rate of change, it says "use Pythagoras theorem, or otherwise." If I used another approach and got the same answer, will I still get 2 marks.

mreditor16

HSC
For rate of change, it says "use Pythagoras theorem, or otherwise." If I used another approach and got the same answer, will I still get 2 marks.
yes, you will still get the marks if it is a valid method, since it says "or otherwise".

photastic

HSC
yes, you will still get the marks if it is a valid method, since it says "or otherwise".
Clarifying for future years, if it said hence otherwise, then this does indicated you have to use Pythagoras theorem? Cos Terry Lee and Carrotstick's solution I have never seen as a 2u student.

mreditor16

HSC
Clarifying for future years, if it said hence otherwise, then this does indicated you have to use Pythagoras theorem? Cos Terry Lee and Carrotstick's solution I have never seen as a 2u student.
If it says "hence or otherwise", you are still allowed to use your own method and still get full marks. But it is an implicit strong recommendation to use a method that draws upon the previous part(s), as often it will be much quicker/neater solution.

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
If it says "hence or otherwise", you are still allowed to use your own method and still get full marks. But it is an implicit strong recommendation to use a method that draws upon the previous part(s), as often it will be much quicker/neater solution.
But extra swag factor ;)

Gumball

HSC
N/A

Oh damn how important is drawing the asymptotes?
I marked 3pi and -3pi on the graph..
lol obvs you have to draw asymptotes its inverse tan mate. if it was out of 2 you will max get 1

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A

Oh damn how important is drawing the asymptotes?
I marked 3pi and -3pi on the graph..
lol obvs you have to draw asymptotes its inverse tan mate. if it was out of 2 you will max get 1
Nuke boy, if you drew your curve to look like it's approaching 3pi and - 3pi, but did not actually draw the dotted line for the asymptotes, then you may be lucky enough to receive 2 marks.

One mark will be allocated for having the rough shape of the inverse tan graph, another mark will be allocated for identifying the asymptotes. Whether physically drawing them in is part of it or not, I cannot say.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)