Mr. Tishler @ Excel Tutors for English (1 Viewer)

DARA92

HSC
N/A
Just heard of a place called "excel tutors" which have classes held at Cabramatta High School. The English class is taught by Mr Mark Tishler. They also have Maths and Science clasess too for Year 10 students.

Anyone heard about these classes or have experience with them?
Are they good? They charged much lower than Dr. Du in Hurstville.

Last edited:

amandarose

HSC
Re: Mr. Tishler for English

Mr Tishler's a good english teacher. I'm not sure how his yr10 classes are cos i started going to them last year when i was in yr11, but his senior classes are really useful:) The only bad thing about the classes is that they are really big, so yeah you should give the classes a go.

IceCreamMonster

HSC

I've attended his lessons for at least half a year but I didn't really feel I got much out of it :/ When we do group work it takes up a lot of the lesson... His class runs for 1 hour 30 minutes for $25. You pay every 4 weeks. Just so you know how the lesson flows... we get booklets we bring every week.. you get a vocabulary list of approx~ 20 words per week which we get tested on whenever we finish the booklet. The booklet takes around 4-5 weeks to finish. He picks 20 random words which you have to spell out on paper correctly... and the last 10 words, you have to give definition for. Once in a while you get writing task. He goes through the structure of how it should be written before you do it and of course other english stuff... I didn't really like it BUT it doesn't mean you won't :) Give it a try. Pay for 4 weeks and see how it goes. He's pretty credible since he is a HSC marker and is a teacher and/or deputy at a selective school. I forgot which one but if I have to guess I think it's Macquariefields High School. Hope I helped! Good Luck :)

shi0822

HSC
N/A
how about the chemistry there? please reply as soon as possible because this might be a life or death to me :) certainly i urgently need a great chem teacher to tutor me!

sleepybearx

HSC
I went to year 9 and 10 english at Tishler. I quit. He continued to cram students into his class to the point that there were no more chairs for students to sit in and he took half an hour to mark the role and tries to be funny and tells useless little stories about his life which wastes our time. He isn't worth the money. I mean sure, sometimes he IS useful but that's rare. He's lazy. Sure, he may have a good reputation but honestly, don't waste your time there. In my opinion, I feel like he doesn't want to teach but just wants money. There were at least 25 students in my class and $25x25 = earns $625 in 90 minutes. ALOT of money. He just gives you a booklet and you just do the questions and you just mark it. No help or assistance in how to write or improve your writing skills because the classes are TOO big. I'm glad I quit.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad

you get a vocabulary list of approx~ 20 words per week which we get tested on whenever we finish the booklet. The booklet takes around 4-5 weeks to finish. He picks 20 random words which you have to spell out on paper correctly... and the last 10 words, you have to give definition for.
IrrelevantforHSC/10

such_such

HSC
Chemistry is taught by a teacher at Sydney Girls, the junior English teacher is from Merrylands High, and the rest are ex-Hurlstoners which do Pharmacy/Commerce... something like that. The teacher's aren't strict except Mr Tishler.

AndiBrava

HSC
N/A
Chemistry is considerably very good here. This is my first Science Tutor and have come to be very fond of it. Though class is pretty short with a duration of an hour, I felt that I had learnt a lot and I had come to understand various equations and problems I had struggled to understand. The teacher is also very good, in my perspective one of the best, though I may be well on biased. She helps you with your problems, giving you solutions and examples, occasionally keeping you back for a little to explain all those that you had found too complex to interpret. Overall, the teacher is awesome and I would recommend this Science tutor as one of the best and affordable.

Last edited:

AndiBrava

HSC
N/A
This is so true. Though I didn't go to excel for his tutor, he also had another private tutor of his own in which he held on Thurdays, and damn. Trust me. It was crowded. Though he had the reputation for his classes, I did find him wasting most of the time on trying to be funny and telling us useless things we didn't have to know about. Also, he leaves the marking to the end and only starts marking our last homework task at the beginning of a new class. He does occasionally (as I recall) gets us to mark our works, and for the last half an hour it's like..spelling words. And darn. Yes he's obsessed with money. Every lesson I have there he's always nagging everyone for the money. So Irritating. And you know what? I QUITTED. :D

AndiBrava

HSC
N/A

Are you cereal? Like seriously. If you wanna learn new words then there's a much better option and it's free. READ. :)

AndiBrava

HSC
N/A
Yup ^.^ In my perspective they're good :) I'm not very sure though if they're better then this 'Dr.Du' but since you say they charge less I'd say they'd be a better option. More affordable :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)