• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

MQ russian, anyone on BOS? (1 Viewer)

Wehrmacht

HSC
Anyone from BOS doing russian? If so what has your experience been like (quality of the lectures and tutorials), how difficult/easy have you found it and if you went on exchange how was that? I'm starting my first year of it next week ( went to spanish in the first week but changed my mind).

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
I didn't do the course at MQ but I tried Russian for a year at some local college and holy shit the grammar was abhorrent. Decided on a easier (and more useful) choice of Chinese instead.

russs

yeeeee
HSC
I am actually russian, be prepared it is a tough language. There are a lot of grammar rules (compared to English).

g_dob

HSC
yeh i did 2 years of it (im russian myself)

the teachers are very nice. my friend (non-russian) aquired a conversational level by the end of first year. the exchange options are great and the teachers are very mellow and from the best universities in russia. russian is very different to studying anything else. everything is done in the 'russian way' ;) if you want to submit an assignment a week late, its fine, 2 weeks, even better :p

miaowsha

HSC
yeh i did 2 years of it (im russian myself)

the teachers are very nice. my friend (non-russian) aquired a conversational level by the end of first year. the exchange options are great and the teachers are very mellow and from the best universities in russia. russian is very different to studying anything else. everything is done in the 'russian way' ;) if you want to submit an assignment a week late, its fine, 2 weeks, even better :p
LOL which part of russia are you from boy?

Skater_bum

HSC
hey , im doing international studies and law at maq , russian is pretty good since im native but not the best at it anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)