• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

MQ credit points compared to other Unis (1 Viewer)

Belinda

O_o
HSC
Don't know if this has been answered yet, sorry if I'm repeating other people's question.

I've done a bit of research, and it says that at MQ, a credit point is about 3 hours of work. So fair enough that we're only allowed to do 14cp a semester.

However, credit points seem to work differently at other Unis. My friend goes to USyd doing Med Sci and she's doing 48cp in the first semester. Obviously, credit points mean different things at different Unis.

So what's the equivalent of cp at other Unis (it seems that cp at UNSW and USyd are worth the same) to MQ?

qkrtjdxo

HSC
I think something like 1 cp at MACQ = 2cp at UNSW/USYD.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Well, the average complete timetable has 24 CPs per year.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Belinda
So what's the equivalent of cp at other Unis (it seems that cp at UNSW and USyd are worth the same) to MQ?
someone told me sometimes they are the same, so that therefore the other unis do double our work. i am not sure if that is true. i know people at syd doing 4 subjects, like us, but i know others doing 8. yet they have 20hrs of uni time?

*hopeful*

HSC
hmmm
i heard that the cp value is different at other uni'z, i cant rememba wether it was higher or lower

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
yes each uni has their own credit point system. the amount of work are pretty much equal in similar subjects.

i know from experience, that usyd has 48 credit points per year or 24 per semester. each junior(1xxx) unit (or 100 level unit at macq) at usyd is worth 6cp and each senior (2xxx/3xxx/4xxx) unit at usyd, depending on which faculty you are from, is worth either 8 or 4 credit points. they way it works at usyd is that after your first year, you do less subejects, so if your an arts or commerce student, you'd only do 3 subjects per semester. unlike at macq where you still do 4.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
oh i'm pretty sure unsw/uts also work on the same system at usyd.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
Originally posted by theone123
hmm, that is weird
it is? i don't think so... each uni has their own system and own way of doing things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)