Mp3 players (1 Viewer)

kewpid

HSC
Bone577 said:
Allow me to plug http://www.headphones.com.au (best damn headphone store in Aus, bloody great) sells iRiver players with free shipping.

The major bonus of iRiver over iPod is that iPod uses crapp apple proprietry formats, and uses crappy iTunes (though you can get winamp plugins and such stuff). iRiver, from memory can play Ogg Vorbis music, which is just awesome. If you havent tried an OGG file, go encode a CD into 96kb MP3 and 96kb OGG. The difference is gigantic, the difference gets less with more kbits, but OGG is still a heaps better.
That is being deliberately untruthful. AAC is an OPEN STANDARD format based on mpeg4.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
I want to buy this
I'm not comfortable with the idea of buying something that's *not* a Sony... it's my comfort zone.

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
Yeah the only problem is that they're $300 for a 128mb model and as far as I can tell they don't support OGG or WMA

If they had a 256mb model for $300 that was firmware upgradeable (maybe these are but I don't know) then i'd probably go it too

drinking beer from a bottle? BRILLIANT!

Bone577

HSC
N/A
kewpid said:
That is being deliberately untruthful. AAC is an OPEN STANDARD format based on mpeg4.
I'm sorry, i genuinely thought it was a propriatary(sp?) format. But my point still stands as it doesn't have a very high level of support, and you only need to do a comparison between a low quality OGG vs low quality AAC to see that the OGG provides better sound (though this may not be true on higher bit rates but at that point differences become less and less substantial)

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
HypedSchoolCert said:
I have the "Philips 2 GB MP3 Jukebox" HDD for $269 at Megamart - a real bargain as it comes with good earphones, carry case, ac adaptor, USB cable, CD software, stickers and USB 2 compatible.
What's the model no? I wanna have a look.

praise897

Alcoholic
HSC
i got a 256mb mp3 from ebay- works great and was over $200 in shops...i got it for $90 including postage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)