Moving to Advanced English? (1 Viewer)

suika

HSC
I know it seems impossible to simply move from Standard to Advanced English, however its something I've been thinking about for a while.

I originally picked Standard because I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off decent marks and cope with the high level of studies, but I am kind of regretting it now. I've been placed in the top class for Standard however I feel my class isn't motivated and don't really care about the marks they get. Also I've realised the scaling for your ATAR is really bad, though, is it worth it to just move to Advanced and do 'just okay' or be better off in Standard and rank in the top 10 throughout the whole grade (and its out of 228 kids but I am aware that it'll be different a ranking in state).

I spoke to my career's advisor about moving to Advanced, knowing the answer will be no but she did recommend I speak to my head teacher for English. She also said it's better being able to do well in Standard rather than doing just okay in Advanced.

So what are your opinions? Is it worth a shot moving to Advanced or should I stick around in Standard and aim to get decent marks?

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
I know it seems impossible to simply move from Standard to Advanced English, however its something I've been thinking about for a while.

I originally picked Standard because I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off decent marks and cope with the high level of studies, but I am kind of regretting it now. I've been placed in the top class for Standard however I feel my class isn't motivated and don't really care about the marks they get. Also I've realised the scaling for your ATAR is really bad, though, is it worth it to just move to Advanced and do 'just okay' or be better off in Standard and rank in the top 10 throughout the whole grade (and its out of 228 kids but I am aware that it'll be different a ranking in state).

I spoke to my career's advisor about moving to Advanced, knowing the answer will be no but she did recommend I speak to my head teacher for English. She also said it's better being able to do well in Standard rather than doing just okay in Advanced.

So what are your opinions? Is it worth a shot moving to Advanced or should I stick around in Standard and aim to get decent marks?
A friend of mine was doing really well in standard and moved up about early term 3 IIRC.

So it is possible, ended up doing like 2 poem essays for prelims (1 from standard and 1 from advanced)

I recommend advanced, it has much better aligning, they scale the same. There's not much difference either, advanced is just a more complex (not too much) text and adds shakespeare, you're not too spoonfed aswell in advanced, you have to do work in comparison to standard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)