Votes: 28 54.9%
  • No

Votes: 23 45.1%

• Total voters

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by jessika

what about the people stuck on campus who dont get food.

and you could be stuck with crap roomates, even if they go to uni.
food is food, as long as it's edib;e that's all I care about :)

Nah, I've got my own room so there will be no room mates

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
Oh my god I so wish I could live on campus, it'd save me 2 hours travel a day, plus jam packed trains etc. But geez, how do you afford it? the colleges are all upwards of $300 a week! Maybe I'll go out to like armidale or somewhere where everything is cheaper.
But i suppose it'd be a bugger having just got set up in a room and then getting kicked out every holidays. Or being all alone on campus.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by Ultimate

food is food, as long as it's edib;e that's all I care about :)

Nah, I've got my own room so there will be no room mates

woah!!! you have to be able to appreciate good food dammit....mmm visiting my sister soon, shes a good cook.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC

woah!!! you have to be able to appreciate good food dammit....mmm visiting my sister soon, shes a good cook.
I do, and there is supposedly good food at the college I am going at, well it better be considering it costs $300 per week.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
omg I have good food to cook at college but nothing to cook it in, the stove they gave us just doesn't work, theres no grill and the oven is friggin broke! we got the crappest unit of them all.
I mean we dont even have a toaster or jug. But hey we have a fridge that leaks lol, dominoes here I come.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
omg I have good food to cook at college but nothing to cook it in, the stove they gave us just doesn't work, theres no grill and the oven is friggin broke! we got the crappest unit of them all.
I mean we dont even have a toaster or jug. But hey we have a fridge that leaks lol, dominoes here I come.
sounds like a cruddy college :p

Which uni are u going to?

chait

for anyone who went to a private school, uni is still cheaper than school fees.

chait

Originally posted by Ultimate

I do, and there is supposedly good food at the college I am going at, well it better be considering it costs $300 per week.
if i had to choose a college at usyd, it'd probably be St Andrews..

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by chait

Why is that, St. Andrews cost $25 per week more to stay at compared to wesley, is further away, and is more strict (4 formal dinners a week, comparedd to one at wesley)

Last edited:

chait

heh i don't remem why... i was thinking about this a long time ago - when i thought i wanted to go to usyd.. the strictness thing doesn't sound too bad.. guess i'm just used to it.

how many colleges are there? i heard that all of them got filled.. even the SUV

chait

that's terrible! you should probably lodge a complaint or something... i think you'd be better off at a diff college or even off campus if things remain the same

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by chait
heh i don't remem why... i was thinking about this a long time ago - when i thought i wanted to go to usyd.. the strictness thing doesn't sound too bad.. guess i'm just used to it.

how many colleges are there? i heard that all of them got filled.. even the SUV
there's 6 college there, I don't mind if it's strict (I'm used to it, cos I used to go to a private school in sydney) but I don't like having to dress formally 4 nights a week.

kini mini

HSC
That is pathetic. A stove isn't even that expensive is it, $300 or so?! I'd complain...loudly.

chait for anyone who went to a private school, uni is still cheaper than school fees.
Yes, a good deal cheaper sometimes. I remember last year someone from UNSW was asked how much full fees were for a category 3 course. He assumed a very serious expression and said "I'm afraid they could be as much as $10000-$12000". I don't think he was expecting someone up the back to say "That's pretty cheap!" :D. Coming from private schools, uni is like a discount.

I know some people who are going there, it seemed like it was a GPS college from what they said :p.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
UPDATE ON MY UNIT! yay I can cook now. Our fridge got fixed so it doesn't leak that much anymore. We bought a toaster and a jug, and we rented a microwave, tv and vcr.
So its a better now, at least I can have coffee if I get a craving for it now........or hot chocolate mmmm.

bex

HSC
im loving living on campus! To me, its so great because i have my own space and i can do to it whatever i want as well as the social element. My dormies and i have only been together 3 weeks and already theyre like family. We eat drink cry and laugh together..... EVEN IN ONLY 3 WEEKS! There are also special events on just for on campus people.. we had dorm olympics today, where every dorm went as a theme. ours was deralicte (like zoolander;)) and we dressed um in like wife beaters and feral old beanies with dirt on our faces and empty vb bottles... it was so good!

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by bex
im loving living on campus! To me, its so great because i have my own space and i can do to it whatever i want as well as the social element. My dormies and i have only been together 3 weeks and already theyre like family. We eat drink cry and laugh together..... EVEN IN ONLY 3 WEEKS! There are also special events on just for on campus people.. we had dorm olympics today, where every dorm went as a theme. ours was deralicte (like zoolander;)) and we dressed um in like wife beaters and feral old beanies with dirt on our faces and empty vb bottles... it was so good!
College life sounds pretty good :D

BTW what is the derelicte thing? The UNSW law camp theme is derelicte from Zoolander and I have no idea what that means...also cannot be bothered renting it :p.

FunkyFlava

Psycho@UNSW
HSC
what is UNSW college life like? oh and are the on campus apartments like the colleges?

i've always seen colleges as mini cults, lol. :p

SkAnDi

HSC
Originally posted by kini mini

College life sounds pretty good :D

BTW what is the derelicte thing? The UNSW law camp theme is derelicte from Zoolander and I have no idea what that means...also cannot be bothered renting it :p.
"you will be the face.. NAY! The spirit of... DERELICTE!!"

"i can DERELICTE my OWN balls!!!"

and and my favourite quotes

"what is this, a center FOR ANTS?! How are the children supposed to read if they can't even fit into the building... it must be at least.. THREE TIMES THIS BIG!"

Zoolander was our schoolies film. Ahh the memories :)

Starlet

Can someone please answer FunkyFlava's questions? Hehe because I also want to know what living on college is like. I'm sharing an apartment right now which is just across from Warrane, Shalom and New College at UNSW. However I was thinking of moving onto college next semester or next year.. So UNSW experiences? reviews? opinions?

HSC
N/A
Hey all,
I forget if I already replied to this. Oh well =)
I moved out of home this year to Melbourne, if anyone needs somewhere to live and is planning to move to Melbourne to go to uni, go to
http://studentvillage.vu.edu.au
And you'll see where I live, what you can do here and where you can get to by going to uni in Victoria.
No, I'm not advertising, i've just had a great first semester here and I hope everyone here has as good a first semester as me =)
-Angie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)