Moving Interstate (1 Viewer)

alxj

HSC
Has anyone here moved interstate for uni?
What was the application process for uni like, with the different conversions? (e.g HSC to QCE)
How did you sustain yourself?

[emoji1]

emilios

HSC
I had my mind set on moving to QLD for uni for a while but I eventually had a change of heart.

The application process isn't difficult. For nsw, you apply through UAC, for qld its QTAC, victoria VTAC, and i think all the others go under SATAC. all states use ATAR as their metric except QLD, who use 'OP', and there's an OP --> ATAR conversion table out there somewhere.

so yeah applying generally isn't the hard part, i'd imagine living there on your own to be the difficult part. i know a few people who have moved interstate. depending on where you go though, you can have a real ball of a time esp with no parents around. being surrounded by friends constantly and going out to dinner with friends whenever you feel like it does sound pretty nice. i think cooking is the main bitch - you don't want to be on that 2 minute noodle diet.

emilios

HSC
Why? (curious)
i was considering med but
1) i got rejected from JCU
2) didn't think i'd 99.60 for griffith.
3) most importantly, in the period leading up to the HSC, i kind of realized i wasn't really thinking about being a doctor - i was just thinking about doing medicine i.e. i just wanted to be able to say i did what is basically the toughest degree to get into - it made relatives happy to hear. i was used to doing well and essentially didn't want to 'waste' my potential in a corporate job. then i stopped being full of shit and realized med life wasn't for me, coz in the end being a doctor isn't a career, it's a lifestyle and i had other ambitions in life besides just turning my career into my identity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)