moving in moving out (1 Viewer)

Holzabub

How many of you live with ur gf/bf? what did your parents say? a question out of the ordinary.... if your gf moved in with another guy would u be paranoid even if u knew that they had only been freinds for ages? would you reconsider your relationship?

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I moved in with my girlfriend/fiancee pretty about 6 months after finishing highschool. I moved in with her and her best friend Jacqueline and lived there for just over 2 years. My parents were pretty cool with it all, but my parents are very liberal in their approach to life, not very restrictive at all. Their only concerns were the financial sides of things but all that was sorted and they were fine after that. Dad was pretty impressed with the whole situation seeing me be independant and living with my girlfriend at the time as well as a billabong clothes model.

I wouldn't be concerned at all because after all its living arrangements, and sometimes living with someone of the opposite gender gives you a lot to bounce off... As you said, they've been friends for ages and living together doesn't change that. The only thing living together does is put whatever relationship you have and times in by 10 and sees how you cope with it, sometimes a friend is great as a friend but as a housemate is unbearable. If she's your girlfriend, you should be placing enough trust in her to only have eyes for you, and if you're reconsidering the relationship, then question you're own motives and how much you trust and respect her because it goes both ways. Would you feel that your girlfriend would accept you if you moved in with someone of the opposite gender... there seems to be a bit of jealousy to your questions, but there shouldn't be. They're just friends sharing the same roof and a bit of independance.

BabySilver

HSC
My mum had no real problemwith me moving into my ex's parents place with hi, but when they kicked us out (purely for the reason they wanted to move and didn't want us to come too) she worried abotu the financial part of it, I did too, my ex however ran up over $4 grand in excessive bills within like 18 months led to me havinga bad credit rating cause he would take my money to pay his bills.

as for the moveing in thing, within 3 months of me kicking him ou he had a good female friend move in, who was pregnant. second time i was ever jealous of another female and him. I didn't care m,uch though, she was out within a month she found out what he was like to live with. O did I mentoin they lived in a one room flat.

TheHeretic

I dont know, if my girlfriend moved in with another guy, deep down id be uncomfortable about it. I mean, if they are both drunk or something... who knows what could happen D=

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
TheHeretic said:
I dont know, if my girlfriend moved in with another guy, deep down id be uncomfortable about it. I mean, if they are both drunk or something... who knows what could happen D=
Yes but thats taking the worst outcome approach... if they've been friends for so long, something would have happened by now. Show a little trust in people, because if you don't trust them, how can they trust you.

And Re: The billabong model part. Jacqueline my housemate happened to be a billabong model and Miss Gold Coat Indy Finalist... she was a popular girl :D

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
DUDE! Thats awsome! I envy you right now.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
dude, OMG! The warning light should be going FUCKING OFF OVER AND OVER AGAIN RIGHT NOW!!

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Just asking the hypothetical, if your girlfriend moved in with her best friend who is also female, would you just be as uncomfortable in the knowledge that they could still be fooling around?

Just because its a guy she's moving in with, don't let your insecurities about yourself and your perceived inadequacies about you make you look for a worst case scenario where you're 'competing' for the girl, you've already won her over... If she loves you, she'll only have eyes for you anyway.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Raiks said:
Just asking the hypothetical, if your girlfriend moved in with her best friend who is also female, would you just be as uncomfortable in the knowledge that they could still be fooling around?
No if they let me join in.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
natstar said:
Well I live on a uni residence so i have to live with it if im put in a house with another guy. I dont think my bf would mind heaps i mean i dunno how he'd feel deep down and stuff tho
But you aren't exactly going to go around trying to hit on a guy who you happen to be in the house with every moment you get are you?

You shouldn't worry about who she lives with, because she's just living with him, but she's dating you remember.

cHe^gUeVaRa

HSC
You shouldn't worry about who she lives with, because she's just living with him, but she's dating you remember.[/QUOTE]

i agree raiks...

:uhhuh:

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
it depends on the guy she moved in with though. i know i wouldnt care if it was some people but others id be PISSED. COULD NOT HANDLE IT
would it be better to move in with her/him with other mates as well?

cHe^gUeVaRa

HSC
yer some guys i just would not trust and others they could stay in the same room and not give a fuck

it would make things easier if i knew other ppl were stayin there aswell, but then its her choice yo have to give her room :)

Old_Sk3wl

HSC
cHe^gUeVaRa said:
yer some guys i just would not trust and others they could stay in the same room and not give a fuck

it would make things easier if i knew other ppl were stayin there aswell, but then its her choice yo have to give her room :)
ur such a romantic che ;) :p

J

jhakka

I wouldn't be comfortable with the idea, but I trust her, so I wouldn't try and stop her.

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
i could never trust my bf if he moved in with another girl, i get so jealous so easy...though he wouldnt move in with another girl even if they were best mates cause of how it would affect our relationship.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
pinkblinkbarbie said:
i could never trust my bf if he moved in with another girl, i get so jealous so easy...though he wouldnt move in with another girl even if they were best mates cause of how it would affect our relationship.
I'm the total opposite, probably because she was already living with a guy when I met her so it was just accepted from the start that she shared her place with another guy who she had a totally platonic relationship with. I'm quite liberal with these kind of these things and I'm the first person to place a whole heap of faith in someone straight up but with them having to earn my trust through their actions.

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
Raiks said:
I'm the total opposite, probably because she was already living with a guy when I met her so it was just accepted from the start that she shared her place with another guy who she had a totally platonic relationship with. I'm quite liberal with these kind of these things and I'm the first person to place a whole heap of faith in someone straight up but with them having to earn my trust through their actions.
i have complete faith in my boyfriend and trust him. i just couldnt trust the girl he was with. though....id come to terms with it. i love him enough, that if it was his choice id deal with it and try to get to know the girl to calm my nerves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)