motors again! (1 Viewer)

account for the motor effect due to the force acting on a current-carrying conductor in a magnetic field

for this, do i jst say something like, a curent carrying conductor enters an external magnetic field, as there is a relative moment of the conductor of a relative change in the magnetic flux density, a force is exerted on the conductor which enables the conductor to have a rotational motion?

please correct.

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
I think the dot point is referring to a live wire jumping out of a horseshoe magnet, which doesn't begin in motion.
I saw a video of it.

The actual forces I think is pushing the electrons travelling through the conductor. The current-carrying conductor in a magnetic field is equivalent to moving charges in the mag. field as electrons flow through the conductor.

Therefore there is a force (that is, the motor effect), on the electrons (which is therefore a force on the conductor) and its direction can be determined with the right-hand palm rule.

*he pauses for a moment and suddenly questions himself for helping rival students gaining physics marks. He has had the experience of being beaten by a student he has helped extensively in the past. He breifly considers editing the answer, but decides against lying. However, he now considers placing this comment in his signature...*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)