Motor Effect (1 Viewer)

Dangar

A current carrying wire in a magnetic field will experience a force. That's it really, like in excel.

^___^
HSC
just revise ur right hand push rule..

and imagine the current running through the wire in a magnetic field

for every 90 degree motion, do the right hand push rule to see what the motor is doing

Huy

HSC
N/A
A current-bearing wire experiences a force when acted on by a magnetic field from any source (it doesn't have to be another current).

The magnitude of this motor effect force was proportional to three quantities: field strength (B), current in the wire (I), and length of the wire acted on by B (l).

If the wire lies at right angles to B, and assuming the field is uniform over the length of the wire, then the formula is simple:

F = BIl

If the wire (and hence current, I) makes an angle 0 (theta) with B, then a sin0 (theta) term must be included:

F = BIlsin0.

Or you can just use Danger's/Excel's definition.

Vinny

A charged particle creates a magnetic field around itself

A charged particle in an external magnetic field will experience a force due to the interaction of magnetic fields

If you confine these charged particles to a conductor such as a wire, then the wire would experience a force due to the charged particles it contains.

The process of the wire moving due to the force exerted on it is known as the Motor Effect.

I think.

rx72c

Huy your a Genious, i like your explanations, they make so much SENSE, thanks everybody

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by rx72c
Huy your a Genious, i like your explanations, they make so much SENSE, thanks everybody
Thanks,
I try to keep it concise, simple and logical (the ideas flowing/stem from one principle to another) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)