Motor Effect Prac (1 Viewer)

zemaj

I can't remember what I did for the motor effect prac (times like this I wish I took notes), but looking at various people's notes and text books there seems to be a large range of possible pracs.

Some simply show the effect of a mag field on a charged particle (e.g. cathode ray & magnets), others show the effect on a current carrying conductor, while others go the whole way a build a miniture motor.

What are you using? I expect any of the above would be fine, but I'm still having trouble deciding which one to use...

-zemaj

Last edited:

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Hmmm... I'd use a wire (will carry current and place it in between a pair magnets. hen the current is switched on it will move (depending on the orientation).

North pole on the right, South pole on the left, current going up the page/away from you. It should jump away.

That's mine.

superhubert

half way between the gutter and the stars
one of our class assessments was building a miniture motor to demonstrate to effect. it was the best all time prac, it was a riot! i'll be using it. there are heaps of internet sites that have instructions on how to build these out of as little as 2 paper clips, copper wire, a 1.5v battery and stickytape....it's easy, and i thick an actual motor demonstates the "motor" effect more comprehensively than just the effect of a current carrying conductor etc. they're really easy anyway....:p

Ace-Pilot

Hehe, this one of those pracs superhubert is talking bout, this proves the motor effect perfectly :D

take a look:

Attachments

Ace-Pilot

The pic of the motor you see is the actual one me and my friend built for our assignment.

Id show u it in color but i lost that pic so black and white will have to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)