Motivation?? (1 Viewer)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ultimate
you serious? you an practicallly get into anything with a UAI of 95+
except for the course which need a high uai ... unless you dont mind not going to usyd or unsw ...

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
get rid of your couch...
well i would love to but mum would kill me... anyway thanx for the ideas you guys it was great. anyway for me it wasn't the couch but it was the fact that every time i study i would rather be out there playing cricket or somethin' and i usually end up playing by skipping my studies...:(

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by -=MLhtʻ=-
My motivation came from the fact that my dad thought i was a dropkick. I showed him!
thats not very nice ...

dopeytony

I wish I found some sort of motivation for the HSC. I used to be sooo smart when I was younger (I skipped a grade even). No motivation from Year 9 and up, and I got 92.40. If I studied as much as my sister did (because I skipped a grade we were in the same year) I reckon I could've got 98+. She beat me by just under a point :(

Even though I'm sure I'll get into the course I want to get into, the bad part is still knowing that you could've done better, and also the fact my sister beat me :(

Shocker_85

I've got qutoations in front of my study desk like:

"You're capable, you're creative, you're full of life and energy. You have what
it takes to move yourself forward around any obstacle. Don't let anything stop
you. Take strength from meeting the challenges, and move ahead. The struggles you
face are just what you need to fulfill your potential for greatness. Think back
over the past year. Consider the ways in which you've grown, the things you've
learned, your accomplishments. Most of these probably came from overcoming some
challenge or adversity which initially stood in your way. A year from now, when
you look back at today, you'll see that the problem you're so concerned with
right now, was another valuable lesson waiting to be learned."

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
Originally posted by pri
I recorded my marks in yr 11 coz our school diaries have this handy dandy section for it, and yeh it does help heaps coz I knew where I had to improve

I need 99+ for my uni course so 100 is probably a good aim for me, btw Im one of those weird ppl that aim reaaly high so in advance Im sorry for offending anyone if I say that such and such a mark is unsatisfactory, its because my school (selective) is competative and a mark below 95 isnt considered to be that great, even though it is an excellent mark to most, its not good enuf at my school.
our school diary is prety good in my opinion as well just the back and cover is shit

too bad i didnt use it last year i cbf ...
lucky i never forgot any assessments being due i relied on ppl telling me if i started yet or not =P

well grade 11 this year looks like ill have eto use the diary now

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
i guess it works for some

others are better if you let them fall flat on your face and learn from it

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A

ah right
nah he's juz makn me a better person, coz i'll know wat not to do wen i become a father.
hey, thats what i keep telling myself ... over and over ... and over ... and over again ... until it just gets to you ...:)

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
ye but i reckon we're just sayn it now. But when we get older we'd prolly be strict too, otherwise the kid wont have any disipline!

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
There was one guy in my Business Studies Class that i really disliked, attributed to he ego and self-centredness so my motivation for that subject was to beat him in evry assesment task and exam and i did...YEAH!!!!

The other motivation was the fact that i wanted to get a HSC award at my school. Each year those students who gain the majority of units in Band 6 come back to school for HSC Awards assembly and get medl/plaque thingy!!! Also you get your picture put up in the Student Foyer!!! I will get one of these awards BUT ironically on the same day i have a Mathematics Bridging Course thus being unable to attend the one motivater that got me through the HSC:mad:

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by zannaz

The other motivation was the fact that i wanted to get a HSC award at my school. Each year those students who gain the majority of units in Band 6 come back to school for HSC Awards assembly and get medl/plaque thingy!!! Also you get your picture put up in the Student Foyer!!! I will get one of these awards BUT ironically on the same day i have a Mathematics Bridging Course thus being unable to attend the one motivater that got me through the HSC:mad:
We get no awards for doing well in the HSC, but I don't mind, I wouldn't want to go back to school anyway and have everybody stare at you as if you are some new student.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
ye but i reckon we're just sayn it now. But when we get older we'd prolly be strict too, otherwise the kid wont have any disipline!
but there is a clear distinction between complete discouragement and no support to be been strict (because you can also be encouraging and supporting, while being strict ... or is it just me) ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)