motivation help PLEASE :( (1 Viewer)

zahri992

HSC
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!
basically the title. i find it incredibly difficult to do any of my work, ever. i can't even sit myself down to do homework even when it's easy. i don't know what my problem is. my whole life i've been very lucky to do decently well (80s and 90s, even 100s) in every subject (besides maths), with little to no effort. all my teachers think I don't care about anything, but in reality I get really upset when I don't do well, even though I don't put in the effort to sit down and actually try. this is a problem I really need to rectify ASAP as i'm about to start my first year 12 exam block and i haven't put nearly as much effort in as i should have. i'm very stressed about the way that i act because i really want to get into architecture at usyd, which i need a 95 atar for (but i'm hoping for a few b6 bonus points) so i need at least a 90. if i don't get a 90 i don't know what I'll do with myself tbh. but i need some tips on finding motivation to not be sitting down doing things last minute!!!!!

any ideas??????

carrotsss

HSC
instead of stressing about how to do stuff, just sit down and do stuff

also you really need to lose this mental idea that you’re somehow stuck in a life of finding it impossible to do work because that’s just not how it works, and it’s a self fulfilling prophecy. you’re capable of doing work, you just need to overcome that mental hurdle

zahri992

HSC
any tips on sitting down lol i end up just sitting there and staring at the wall or ending up on my phone

carrotsss

HSC
just start small and at least get something anything done to get the ball rolling. tbh don’t overthink it too much, at the end of the day ur in control you can just do stuff

Cute-Duckie

HSC
here are a few things that have helped me...
  • just try committing to 5 minutes of study
    • just 5
    • its easy
    • not hard
    • literally 5 minutes
    • after i do the 5 minutes im way more likely to be motivated to keep going
  • break it down
    • TO A MASSIVE EXTENT
    • i find that one of the hardest things about study is just how overwhelming it is and how much there is to do
    • if you break down the tasks you have to do, they're simpler and easier. break those tasks down again, and they're even easier.
    • essentially, break them as far down as you need so they don't seem so big anymore. then everything seems way more manageable.

if you need any more tips reply with some info about why you're unmotivated and maybe i can give you more personalised suggestions - these are just the ones ive found that arent super easy to find in a study motivations video (which i've tried a million times - believe me) and that have helped me :)

(please excuse my lack of punctuation or grammar)

SASH_06_X

HSC
Motivation will never come, trust me(speaking from experience here) so just sit down and get to it. If you're really down just close all your screens and get some fresh air. Even a simple walk around the block for 10 mins helps. Work for small amounts of time and keep taking small, frequent breaks. As time passes try to increase the time you work for.

Another thing, keep reminding yourself of your end goal. It's easy to lose your sense of purpose if you forget what you're working toward. You mention you really want to get into architecture in USyd. Every time you feel burnt out/unmotivated, remind yourself of your goal and that all this hard work will pay off when you've landed your dream goal. This was literally the only thing that kept me sane throughout Y12.

Keep a routine too - set aside time for studying each day. When you look back on it at the end of the day, you'll feel the most satisfaction knowing you achieved your goals for the day.

Hope these tips help. Gl for Y12.

zahri992

HSC
@zahri992 why u on so many units
my school's rule was if you do an accelerated subject you need to have 14 units in year 11
but I'm happy because I have 2 subjects done now
and also I want to drop maths and maybe extension english depending on my hsc mark for this year

zahri992

HSC
Motivation will never come, trust me(speaking from experience here) so just sit down and get to it. If you're really down just close all your screens and get some fresh air. Even a simple walk around the block for 10 mins helps. Work for small amounts of time and keep taking small, frequent breaks. As time passes try to increase the time you work for.

Another thing, keep reminding yourself of your end goal. It's easy to lose your sense of purpose if you forget what you're working toward. You mention you really want to get into architecture in USyd. Every time you feel burnt out/unmotivated, remind yourself of your goal and that all this hard work will pay off when you've landed your dream goal. This was literally the only thing that kept me sane throughout Y12.

Keep a routine too - set aside time for studying each day. When you look back on it at the end of the day, you'll feel the most satisfaction knowing you achieved your goals for the day.

Hope these tips help. Gl for Y12.
thank you !!

WeiWeiMan

HSC
my school's rule was if you do an accelerated subject you need to have 14 units in year 11
but I'm happy because I have 2 subjects done now
and also I want to drop maths and maybe extension english depending on my hsc mark for this year
WHAT

lolcti

HSC
N/A
I KNOW
Also I'm so proud of myself tonight I made like full comprehensive notes for advanced english, broke down the rubric and wrote this cracka essay for my exam next week. doing stuff a week in advance is unheard of from me usually lol
why're you aiming for a 92 atar when you're an accelerated student?

zahri992

HSC
why're you aiming for a 92 atar when you're an accelerated student?
everyone on this website scares me wanting to get at least 99
I feel like if I really tried I could potentially get a 99 but I don't need it for what I want to do and I don't want to put that pressure on myself because it wont go well for me mental health wise
that's why I'm more than happy with a 92 :D

lolcti

HSC
N/A
everyone on this website scares me wanting to get at least 99
I feel like if I really tried I could potentially get a 99 but I don't need it for what I want to do and I don't want to put that pressure on myself because it wont go well for me mental health wise
that's why I'm more than happy with a 92 :D
yeah you don’t really need to try for a 92 I think so that’s good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)