Most popular/successful television show of the last two decades (i.e. since 1985)? (1 Viewer)

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Raiks said:
Yeah, I'm not going to go with statistics but The Simpsons, Seinfeld and Friends would have to be up there alongside Cheers.

Other personal notables include (based on the fact a show must be popular to been main stream ridiculed and parodised)
- Fullhouse
- Party of Five
- Dawson's Creek
- Melrose Place
- Sesame Street
- Baywatch

And if we talked about all time shows... there's only one answer

Dr Who.
FullHouse - Probably up there in Guilty pleasure factors, and wholesome family stuff.

Party of Five - had its audience, but only went as far as maybe 'Felicity' and not that well.

Dawsons Creek - peaked with seasons 1 and 2, and faded so fast.

Melrose Place - not as popular as...

90210 - There was mass amounts of fans in places around the world - by the millions per country. In Singapore, i remember seeing on the news, THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS rampaged the streets to see the cast of 90210. They were SWARMING.

Sesame Street - See prior post.

Baywatch - Billion viewers a week with seasons with Yasmine, Pamela, David, etc = wow. Shitty show, but :eek:!

Reshie

LilRed Spikey Haired Man
HSC
actually when Seinfeld was airing its final episode 120 million pplz watched in america....and thats massive in anybodys term
but i agreed with majority of u and saying that Seinfeld and Simpsons!

Keen

MD
HSC
Yeah Seinfield is brillliant and in the past I'd also say Doctor Who how brilliant!

Keen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)