Most effective 3unit study for Half Yearlies (1 Viewer)

YashC3

HSC
Im just about to start studying for the 3u half yearlys coming up in about 2 weeks. Anyone have any tips on how to get the best mark?

Which textbooks are good for 3unit, and are past half yearlies more important? Any tips would be appreciated.

Cheers

mioumiou

HSC
Im just about to start studying for the 3u half yearlys coming up in about 2 weeks. Anyone have any tips on how to get the best mark?

Which textbooks are good for 3unit, and are past half yearlies more important? Any tips would be appreciated.

Cheers
Hey there, I've also got my first assessment for 2U and 3U maths this week. I would say just concentrate in those difficult questions that you've got wrong. Textbooks such as Cambridge (that's the BEST 3U book for the difficult questions) or maybe fitzpatrick (New Senior maths). Fitzpatrick has separated between 2U and 3U topics so you may as well buy them. personally, I've got all of those and I've been doing some questions as well. Past papers is the BEST. You can ask your teachers for some past papers to practice, time yourself and give yourself a mark.

Past papers are always the BEST. Textbooks is just providing questions (either straight forward or difficult) to let YOU to understand the concepts. Once you've understand the concepts, move on to the past paper questions to get used yo the examination style questions as much as you can.

Good luck with your exams and studies!! Hope this helps! :)

YashC3

HSC
I heard cambridge has a lot of useless stuff, like questions that will never be asked? Do you find the same thing?

kcqn93

HSC
past papers! just do the questions that are gonna be in your exams.

mioumiou

HSC
I heard cambridge has a lot of useless stuff, like questions that will never be asked? Do you find the same thing?
This is where you have to "study smart". You pick the questions (e., every second or third questions) do as much questions that you don't understand.

past papers! just do the questions that are gonna be in your exams.
here you go. Do the past papers, and you'll be fine, but only if you understand the whole concepts. Or otherwise, just do those past papers.

cloud watcher

HSC
i usually put up sticky notes all around my room of formulas that i usually forget... its a good way of making sure you dont forget them and of course the best way to revise is past papers they usually have helped me heaps

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
Do exercises from lots of different textbooks to be ready for any type of questions

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)