Most crucial science (1 Viewer)

tonyyyyy

HSC
In the next 50 to 100 years, what sort of scientists will be critical to our survival????
Would it be;
environmental science...to combat climate change
immunology.....to potentially find a cure for aids and cancer

lets hear your thoughts.....

badquinton304

HSC
Bio and Chem will be where most advances will be made, but don't count physics out. Immunology is always critical to survival as if we don't keep one step ahead of viruses and hit then we are dead. I think environmental science will also be important but you must remember most science is tied together so basically all science is critical to our survival.

I assume you are looking for where you want to major in. From what I have been told then chem is looking to be hot soon.

Ohhhhhhh oh and nanotech.

Last edited:

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
herpetology :cool:

if we don't save the wee turtles, who will?

Tim035

HSC
It may not be within 100 years, but eventually nanotechnology will make many branches of science completely obsolete.

I can only really speak for the medical sciences, but I believe the future in terms of treatments will go:

Pharmaceuticals & small molecule drugs -------> Stem cell technologies and gene regulation ------> Nanotechnology

badquinton304

HSC
It may not be within 100 years, but eventually nanotechnology will make many branches of science completely obsolete.

I can only really speak for the medical sciences, but I believe the future in terms of treatments will go:

Pharmaceuticals & small molecule drugs -------> Stem cell technologies and gene regulation ------> Nanotechnology
Robots in your blood is awesome.
Yeah it also has uses in information and communication technologies like quantum computers.
Oh and you can use it for weapons.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Don't forget mathematics! Modelling is extremely important for all the aforementioned areas :p

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
Agriculture. With population growth, it will be essential to find more efficient ways of producing food, or we'll all starve. Plant disease control (particularly wheat and rice), increasing yields and decreasing inputs will all be critical over the next 100 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)