Most annoying book of all time (1 Viewer)

HSC
Gosh peoples...that's so pointless! FYI, Austen and the Bronte sisters are classics, and the reason why you're FORCED to read them is because we live in a day and age when our literary knowledge is impeded by rediculous and infantile forms of technology that do not allow for ANY imagination.

Austen presents values that we still hold dear today.

And so what? It's a romance!

Damn, if Fitzwilliam Darcy walked up to me and asked me to marry HIM, I wouldn't even be THINKING about the whole "fictional character" thing.

Your HSC will benefit if you just admit to yourself that what you're reading is a piece of quality and part of history.

Enjoyys!!!
:spin:

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
hollyy. said:
cloudstreet by tim winton.
omg even thinking about it is painful.
Soooooooooooo true. Winton is creative at times but some of the imagery is just plain weird (and at times disturbing). To make matters worse, our English teacher went through pages 1-75 then skipped to the last few chapters in the book and left it at that... 0_o

rajputsingh

HSC
duckofdoom said:
Just curious as to wonder what people think as the most annoying book of all time is.

lord of the rings series i love the movies but seriously the books put me to sleep tolkien uses 5 pages to describe a leaf! hahaha obviously not but thats what it seems like

HSC
rajputsingh said:
lord of the rings series i love the movies but seriously the books put me to sleep tolkien uses 5 pages to describe a leaf! hahaha obviously not but thats what it seems like
I'm a really good reader, and yeah, I had the same issue. Loved the movies, but the 1st book (mind you, I tried reading it when I was 10) was like, -HUH, majorly.
:eek:

bubbly89

HSC
the Castle of Otranto by Horace Walpole....

honestly if you'd read it, you would definitely agree, while it was groundbreaking at the time... its just bad.

Rainie

HSC
^ Agreed. Even though I do PDHPE for the sake of doing it, the textbooks enough to make you want to throw it out the window (even I find them annoying) :lol:

But..boring book. The dictionary? if I had to read the dictionary that is. And..the books by Ann.M.Martin (Babysitters club. God those books keep repeating themselves) I can't believe I actually read them in primary school and I still have a huge collection of those books sitting on my bookshelf collecting dust :D

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
The Bible? I mean, I know it's a collaboration so...if I had to choose one...probably Genesis...

likingtherain

HSC
N/A
We were staying at a hostel the other day and as usually there was bible in bedside draw. Just in case we wanted to find god before we went to sleep ... unfortunately I was to tired :)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
+++infinity!

It produced some annoying bitches;

"OMGZORS I LOOOVVVEEE Robert Pattinson,

THUS I LOVE TWILIGHT!"
oh my god tell me about it!
i was in the newsagents trying to browse magazines the other day and these three obese girls stood in front of the rack in a line for like ten minutes fucking swooning of the twats in twilight and i was like fuck off you are a freak. and this girl i know has her entire myspace dedicated to twilight and all the photos are just of her with mascara dripping down her mouth and dressed entirely in black and just pictures of the books and characters and in her about me its like 'i kinda like twilight' - no shit.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Twilight mania, ugh

I haven't read the books but if they're anything like the lame movie I had to sit through they will be terrible.

Edward is not that amazing he's just a moody freak with bad hair

eep1991

HSC
Oscar and Lucinda.
600- and something pages long
600 and something pages later
NOTHING HAPPENS!

WORST BOOK OF ALL TIME!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)