Most annoying book of all time (1 Viewer)

Mond0

HSC
Any shakespeare when read by the class.

Its not as bad if you can read it yourself but having to listen to each person in your class read a verse at a time...*shudder*

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Mond0 said:
Any shakespeare when read by the class.

Its not as bad if you can read it yourself but having to listen to each person in your class read a verse at a time...*shudder*
Merewether is a bit like that. Hope the old reading techniques don't continue in year eleven, argh... :S

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Caitlin63 said:
The Giver. - Lois Lowry

most annoying book I've ever read.

and Gulliver's Travels
The only book I have never been able to finish.
Gulliver's Travels is okay. It took me a while to get through it and I probably wouldn't read it again unless I had nothing else to read, but overall not too bad. I can see how it would be annoying though.

I used to find The Catcher in the Rye really annoying just because of the way Holden talks but I got over it in subsequent re-reading. Kind of. It still grates. But a good book anyway, surprisingly easy to read given what I'd heard about it before I picked it up.

Felix Jones

HSC
Emma by jane austen....omg the freaeking stupid useless attention to the smallest details piss me off like crazy, besides in the book there is no action. aaaarrrgh i hate Emma!!!

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
Equal first between the Koran and the Bible for causing so much trouble.

Blonx

HSC
John Steinbeck - Grapes of Wrath

Jesus christ, die.

amina121

HSC
naazie said:
the twilight series! The most pathetic excuse for literature in history. That Stephenie Meyer can't write even if her life depended on it!
Thank you! I've finally found someone who finds Stephanie Meyer as brainless as I do!

metalheaven

HSC
"Blood On The Microphone" by I can't remember who. Crappiest excuse for a book that I've ever read. We had to read it a couple of years ago for school when we were doing the topic of crime fiction.

To give you an outline of the plot:
*WARNING: Contains Spoilers* (as if you're gonna read it anyway lol)
-Some girl meets a comedian
-Comedian later gets pulverised by a frozen chicken
-Culprit was drug smuggler from Columbia who was hiding cannabis inside chickens.
-Girl goes to take down the drug lord single handedly.
-Things go badly
-Girl is saved by an army of hippies in colourful kombies who seemingly appear out of no where.
-Everyone lives happy ever after; except the dead guy.

staplers...YAY

HSC
A Traveller in Time is horrendous. So is Wuthering Heights. Personally I despise Northern Lights, but it scrapes through when I think of the others. Just barely though.

jennieTalia

HSC
Easily- Tadashi Suzuki's The Way Of Acting. Possibly the most irritating and confounded book I've ever had the displeasure of being forced to read (for drama)

B

bekmay

Any script of Shakespeare's, simply because of the fact I have to think too hard to understand what is being said as I read them. Very annoying.

jennieTalia

HSC
bekmay said:
Any script of Shakespeare's, simply because of the fact I have to think too hard to understand what is being said as I read them. Very annoying.
Plays were never meant to be read, they were meant to be performed. If you ever see an actually good production of one, then you will fall in love :) as I did with- A Midsummers Nights Dream and Macbeth (my two favourites)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)