Most annoying book of all time (1 Viewer)

Gustus

HSC
The Famished Road - BEN OKRI

This is a real good read if you are patient. I was and it paid off, but friends of mine who I got to read it couldn't get past the annoyance to see that there is a really good message behind the story.

"Azaro is a spirit-child who is born only to live for a short while before returning to the idyllic world of his spirit companians. Now he has chosen to stay in the world of the living. This is his story."

Sounds boring and if not finished it will always be like this for you, but I do reckomend it to all.

JhK89

HSC
well for me i personally dont like the books written by Jane Austin.. zomg.... cant read it

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
English prescribed text, non fiction, autobiography...
sally morgan's

MY PLACE...
fuckfuckfuck. i'm nearly failed AOS because i couldnt force myself to read it...
but i did
and god it's horrible.
It uses incorrect grammer and calls it 'ABoriginal English'... justifying that using it creates 'authenticity'

IT just plays into the hands of white supremacists...

HSC
Umm, try Catch 22.

Funny book and all, but after 100 pages, i was like 'does anything actually happen', because it's basically just prose about what the guy does in real time basically and what he is thinking and the really bizarre conversations he has. And then my sister assured me that while the book was like that pretty much the whole way through, it all makes sense at the end, but i just couldn't be bothered trying to get to the end. virtually impossible i think.

beentherdunthat

HSC
Um Sara Douglass- BattleAxe and her dumb trilogy... it was good until she stuffed up the romance in it. At two 0'clock in the morning I threw the book across the room. It was like the prince in Cinderella falling in love with the stepsister and rejecting cinderella. HOW DARE HE?!?!?!:eek:

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
nichhhole said:
English prescribed text, non fiction, autobiography...
sally morgan's

MY PLACE...
fuckfuckfuck. i'm nearly failed AOS because i couldnt force myself to read it...
but i did
and god it's horrible.
It uses incorrect grammer and calls it 'ABoriginal English'... justifying that using it creates 'authenticity'

IT just plays into the hands of white supremacists...

OHHHHHHHHHHHH my god I hated that book.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
beentherdunthat said:
Um Sara Douglass- BattleAxe and her dumb trilogy... it was good until she stuffed up the romance in it. At two 0'clock in the morning I threw the book across the room. It was like the prince in Cinderella falling in love with the stepsister and rejecting cinderella. HOW DARE HE?!?!?!:eek:
BattleAxe and the Axis trilogies are the only Sara Douglass books I haven't read. The rest of her stuff is awesome.

Bethi

HSC
Catcher in the Rye is without a doubt the most annoying book i ever had to read... the stupid kid is so obnoxious

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
i didnt mind catcher in the rye..
quite liked it actaulyl..

holden ends up being scitzophrenic ... explains the obnoxiousness...
i like his character..
[maybe just coz i like private school boys? bhaha.. jk :)]

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Anything written by the British during the 19th century.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Exphate said:
The Bible
Quoted for truth - mostly because of the shit associated with it.

Take away the religious fervour and the text itself is actually quite a good yarn.

HSC
beentherdunthat said:
Ohh no, i love the Axis Trilogy!!!
Read it Josie, trust me, they are good.

I read it a long time ago and don't really remember, but i'm sure that it all gets good in the end. That's how these things work. You are only on the first book, keep reading!! It's a fairytale, everyone always lives happily ever after in the end!!

HSC
trolloutaface said:
lord of the rings

How dare you, i love love love Lord of the Rings. Favourite book. Though i have many favourite books.

Although i admit it isn't for everyone and the start is a little slow.
I have one friend who fell asleep in the first movie; she didn't even try to read it, and another who read the hobbit and felt that was enough, lol!

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Lord of the Rings is one of my favourites :p

And yeah, I've been meaning to get a hold of Axis and BattleAxe, as soon as I've returned the last 2 books of the Troy Game :p

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Gatsby was bad, but My Place was worse.
Damn the Smith's Hill text choices.

T

trolloutaface

cute.asa.button said:
How dare you, i love love love Lord of the Rings. Favourite book. Though i have many favourite books.

Although i admit it isn't for everyone and the start is a little slow.
I have one friend who fell asleep in the first movie; she didn't even try to read it, and another who read the hobbit and felt that was enough, lol!
lol, that's why I didn't like the book. it was just so SLOW and boring! I read the first few chapters, hoping that it'll get a little interesting..but it didn't.

the same goes with the movie :sleep:

J

jhakka

cute.asa.button said:
Umm, try Catch 22.

Funny book and all, but after 100 pages, i was like 'does anything actually happen', because it's basically just prose about what the guy does in real time basically and what he is thinking and the really bizarre conversations he has. And then my sister assured me that while the book was like that pretty much the whole way through, it all makes sense at the end, but i just couldn't be bothered trying to get to the end. virtually impossible i think.
Catch 22 was brilliant. It was definitely tedious, but I loved the cookey conversations. :p

Everything kinda goes pear shaped story-wise in the middle, but the loose threads do get tied up, and the last few chapters become an actual story with an actual ending that makes everything well worth the read.

beentherdunthat said:
I would have to disagree. The Axis Trilogy (and The Wayfarer Redemption) certainly weren't her best books (remember that they are her early ones, though), and some bits are frustrating, but I wouldn't put them under most annoying ever. I wouldn't rate them anywhere near as well as I would her Troy Game books, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)