Morons Who Spoil Endings (Keep it Spoiler-Free) (1 Viewer)

GromReaper

HSC
Anyone else had this happen to them? You're reading an awesome book, just to have the ending COMPLETELY ruined by some lowlife.

For me, I was 200 or so pages away from the end of Stephen King's Dark Tower series, only to have it ruined by someone on another forum give away the twist at the end in the title of their post! I'm insane with anger (to quote Mel Gibson in Signs).

Also, I had a friend that read the ending of the Lord of the Rings trilogy and announced what happened like it was no big deal - "Oh and by the way, such and such happens."

Now, I invite you to share the moments when you've had a book ruined by some inconsiderate.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i was reading skull beneath the skin for ext 1.. was really into it and everything.. and then i was stupid enough to go into the forums and read about different things and i stumbled across the twist at the end.. i was so cranky.

and theres this girl in my grade who always reads books within the first 2 days of getting them.. and while everyone else is still reading them she'll have a conversation with the teacher about the ending.. when no1 has finished.. argh -stab stab-

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
In order to address those sorts of problems in this forum, we've implemented spoiler tags.

They should be used to obfuscate anything that other readers might not wish to know!

For example:

Harry Potter is really an alien.

Would produce:

Harry Potter is really an alien.

Hope it helps. :)

rumour

HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
I agree.

Yeh I had the 5th book of Harry Potter ruined by some girl in my class.... she ruined it for everyone, and she did it on purpose. Major Potter fans found out in the first day released because of this girl. I managed two weeks, and the minute after I said that I hadn't known who died, the same girl who ruined it for everyone, who I wasn't even talking to and didn't know was there, was having a conversation with someone else about the book and says who died.
I did that!!

I told my friend that Harry Potter was the person who dies in the end & she believed me!!

Last year, in english someone told the whole class that the main character in Away had cancer, when we had only read the first page :vcross:!!!

Ellie-Bee

HSC
this isn't a book but i'll talk about ruined endings anyway. so many ppl have told me the ending of the 6th sense. not cool.

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
some bitch in one of my classes runiened the 5th harry potter book, while i was reading it...it was pretty fucking ovbious i hadn't finished yet, as i had to wait till my mum and my sister finished it...grrrrr
meanwhile
this is so cool!

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Ellie-Bee said:
this isn't a book but i'll talk about ruined endings anyway. so many ppl have told me the ending of the 6th sense. not cool.
argh that's happened to me heaps too.
heehee. WHAT? the rest of you are doing it

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Shrek.

Everyone who saw it just quoted and quoted and quoted.
By the time I saw it, I new all the dialogue, I just didn't know where it all fitted in.

Ellie-Bee

HSC
i also hate people who have seen the movie you are watching with them and insist on saying :
this is a good bit OR watch this bit OR who say the lines along with the people on screen

ANNOYING!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
Shrek.

Everyone who saw it just quoted and quoted and quoted.
By the time I saw it, I new all the dialogue, I just didn't know where it all fitted in.
lol I could do that with Full Metal Jacket.

Hmm testing Bah why does it only hide black.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)