more proposal questions :) (1 Viewer)

kim_iz_yippin

HSC
I'm doing a short story based on crime fiction....except I have absolutely no idea what it is I intend to write about!!! So, as you can imagine I'm having difficulty writing my proposal. Is it ok to be a little vague about things like characters, settings, etc at the moment? Because I'm the first at my school to do this course everything's been a little rushed so I feel a bit pressured to write something....anything (!) to get this thing started! I'd appreciate any advice :)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Yes, you can be a little vague, making sure that you include your reasons etc for changing your idea or becoming more specific in the future, inside your Major Work Journal. As long as everything is explained and recorded, you will be fine. It seems to me like you've left your Proposal until the last minute - I would have thought that proposals would have been handed in by now, and the Extension 2 course underway. You don't have to be specific about anything really, but have a general understanding of where you want to go, where you're headed. Later, (next year), you can then choose to focus on different characters or change your idea completely, as long as it has been approved by your Extension 2 teacher - you can even keep your old proposal mark and 'update' your assessment mark by doing Viva Voce's etc, even though they were two different Major Projects (again, check with your teacher).

Good luck with your Major Project in 2004 :)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
most proposals are due this week, mine is due tomorrow, and my mother's ext 2 class has theirs due on weds...

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
oo, your mother is a teacher of 4u english? lol, wonder if thats a help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)