more on images (1 Viewer)

flip_flop

can't think straight.
HSC
i have a question regarding images.

i am writing a short story, that heavily relies on the appropriation of three paintings by Dali. [its a surrealist peice of text, yes]

but what i am worried about, is that the markers arent going to know of the paintings themselves, and as such, their meaning and relevance might be lost.

one of the paintings is "the persistence of memory" [melting clocks] whose fame i dont doubt, but its the other two that im worried about.

what does everyone think about just inclucding a picture of the painting at the begining of each chapter that the painting coincides with?

get back to me if anyone has any ideas as an alternative, or if u know for sure that i cant do that!!

thx.

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
DEFINITELY do it, especially if it's central to your concept. It'll add to the quality of your work as well. Lots of people do it, take a look in this year's showcase, someone did it for their story. It's called Hybrid. So yep, in my opinion, definitely do it

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC
tez0r said:
DEFINITELY do it, especially if it’s central to your concept. It’ll add to the quality of your work as well. Lots of people do it, take a look in this year’s showcase, someone did it for their story. It’s called Hybrid. So yep, in my opinion, definitely do it
I’m sure the markers are going to be inundated with millions of works with pictures in that case.

J

jhakka

If all else fails you could always use a footnote at the first mention of each work with a short description.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)