more important - rank or mark?? (1 Viewer)

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
tommykins said:
1. James Ruse has a fuck hard test, top mark was 40% (for example) and he/she is ranked first.
2. Some public school has an easy test, top mark is 94%, but if the James Ruse person did the exam, he/she would ace it.
/thread

gm.haider3000

HSC
tommykins take it easy... i dont realy care about rank... the higher my mark the better my rank... good luck getting 1st with 60% while ill aim at in 90's and still come first xD...

Kujah

HSC
N/A
gm.haider3000 said:
tommykins take it easy... i dont realy care about rank... the higher my mark the better my rank... good luck getting 1st with 60% while ill aim at in 90's and still come first xD...
Fuck off troll.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
gm.haider3000 said:
You're a dumbshit k?

Honestly, post your name here and so at the end of next year, I can check who topped Extension 2 and see if you're there.

Either way, fail troll is fail.

Knowingnothing

Legendary!
HSC
tommykins said:
Try doing a Catholic Paper (CSSA) for 3/4 unit and getting 60%, that's a respectable mark.
Some exams are designed to be VERY hard, teacher told me one year Physics only had an average of 50-60 (forgot waht year) and 85 was the top mark.

I won't point out the irony in your name :D
There is little irony if you even went to consider his subjects. Think before you talk. All subjects of which should be able to score around 80+.

nottellingu

HSC
How come sometimes school sometimes scale the mars before handing them in. Last yr most ppl in physics failed and i got 75 % came 3rd and got scaled up to 94% on my report.

HSC
yeah. schools have ways of calculating what the BOS would score it as with the whole bell curve thing. ultimately it doesn't matter what the marks were because they get moderated anyway after exams are done.

ibewatto

HSC
to those ignorant fucks who think ranking doesnt matter, go chew off the dick of a horse and stick it up your naive ass. Your UAI is determined by your rank in the state, thus rank is more important. in saying that to get a good rank you need good marks. common sense. nothing more, nothing less.

cs01001

HSC
lol, that guy is epic fail. Just get the fuck out.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
It's kind of annoying because my school never gives us our ranks except on our reports, which are only issued twice a year.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Jachie said:
It's kind of annoying because my school never gives us our ranks except on our reports, which are only issued twice a year.
Same.

tambourine

HSC
Kujah said:
Same except for maths. She gives us our ranks every so often but for the other subjects you just ask the teacher and they'll tell you. But obviously if you come first they'll tell you (if it's for an assignment).

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
From what my Deputy Principal has tried to drill into our heads, marks and ranks are both important. The importance of marks increases as the margin between ranks decreases. Ie, if there was a half mark difference between two ranks, BoS squashes the margin between them and although they don't merge, the two ranks are almost viewed as the same. Vice versa if there was a large difference in marks. Both are needed to calculate the final HSC assessment mark (it's average of your school assessment mark and HSC scaled mark).

But ranks can mean shit if the whole grade sucks. If, compared to the state, your grade does crap on the HSC, then BoS assumes that the school's tests were easy and neither your rank or your mark will save you.

It's a huge complicated mess of how they calculate marks, but the sure thing is that both ranks and marks are important. At the end of the day, ranks are probably just slightly more important than marks, but that does not mean that marks mean nothing.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Why does it matter? All you can do is your best and you'll recieve whatever ranks and marks you get. You have no control over it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)