Morality, Ethics and Commitment to the Law in Focus Studies (1 Viewer)

Nupil

HSC
N/A
Well ... howdy.

That's my prediction. I think there will be a question on that for our focus studies ... and I'm fucked for it. Also I reason it'll be that, because they'vehad remedies two years in a row - so that will hopefully be opted out this year. And they havn't had one option on it yet. And the fates and destinies and every cosmic thing one can believe in have it in for me and now have me trying to learn the stupid moral and ethics!

Also ... Well; if anyone is doing family - would you say this is what you would discuss (Not in this order - right now ... is just random thoughts):

- Historically it's adapted to changed moral values in society
- Defactos are accounted for in legal system because of new moral/ethical belief
- Same for Same-sex relationships
- Polygamus marriages aren't recognised because it goes against our dominant ethical/moral belief ... however they're accounted for welfare payments as defactos - this upholds moral/ethicalness (definitely can pick up who is the articulate legal student here can't you ... )
- No fault divorce - peple still want to blame someone, and what if you have a case of domestic violence ... shouldn't there be some blame in that relationship? ... No fault divorce also highlighted shifted moral/ethical acceptance of divorce.
- New birth technologies - present parentage dilemmas ...
- Domestic violence, vistims usually are ashamed because of the moral judgement society will pass ... thus why not all report abuse.
- Acceptance of single-parents (largely influenced by divorce) - in the form of government welfare single-payment benefits ...
- Historically Ex-Nuptial children was ethically/morally problematic in being recognised .... however society's view has obviously changed with 1996 Status of Children Act (last reform)

and I give up! it's all such waffle! Is it asking you to pass any form of judgement on the moral and ethical standards? Or merely how well the legal system reflects it? Do you include multi-culturism being a large influence on the moral/ethical .... and I don't even know where to go with Commitment.

Well ... hi there if you havn't fallen asleep reading the above. But what do you think about morals and ethics in relation to Focus Studies?

(And HOW I'm meant to do THAT for World Order is beyond me. Ridiculous idealistic notion that will never exist.)

Cheerio!

Ps - I did a thread. Yay for me.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Thats a very good plan, if you get it all out logically on the say, you should be pleasantly rewarded by the markers!

laurass

wow thats good

well all i have for committment is that:

there is a difficulty in people paying maitence, abiding by the court decisions regarding property allocation and residence of children.. this is made even harder because of the lack of enforcement of family law..
i also have that the lack of laws regarding birth technology make it hard to comply with and the lack of enforcement that it all has means that it is not as closely controlled.. and therefore people have a greater tendency to not comply/ committ to the law

hope thats of some help.. if it even makes ne sence

Golani

I really don't think they're gonna give a whole question about it, i sure hope they won't as well.

connie

HSC
N/A
i hope they do, it's one of the area's i studied and plus answered it in my trials and did ok

Nupil

HSC
N/A
Thought it was worth adding that if anyone is doing World Order ... I rang up the advice line in context to morality, ethics and commitment to the law after referencing Macmillan and Heinemann (sp?) and also analysing moraltiy, ethics and commitment as a general thing in the syllabus/ other focus studies... and they were as stumped as I was.

There is not even a whole paragraph on it in either textbook! I was directed towards basically analysing/considering examples of breachments of say the UDHR and other internationl instruments as this would slightly depict an imbalance between moral/ethical standards across the globe (well ... I think I kinda told the guy that; lovely chap but really didn't know anything) and naturally state sovereignty = non-compliance (committment aspect)

BUT the good news is I'm getting a "call-back" from the "world-order expert" that they'll have on Thursday night about this very question ... and so I'll post up something if it's of relevance!

oh - and I imagine that it could be an integral part of one of the choices ... and I'm just trying to know something about it; because right now I don't know enough to string together two sentences. But I still hold-strong that remedies wont be an option this year. Crappy that.

Well ... bye.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)