Monologue help! (1 Viewer)

iamcool

HSC
Hello!
Okay.. so i had big plans for the 6 week holidays.. i was gonna write my whole monologue, so i'd be set for this year... but alas.. i failed to do so..

im playing Lisa from Girl, interrupted.. she's a sociopath and a crazy bitch.
i did the same character for my year 11 performance.. but i dont want to use the same monologue.. im only using part of it..

ive completley lost my creativity!!!! it sucks balls!

so if anybody has seen the movie.. please please please lend me your creativity!!

i know what im doing for part of it.. theres a bit where she yells at this girl and makes her commit suicide.. and im playing that out.. and then after that im doing her big break down thing at the end.. but those two parts have really high tension.. so i want to start off maybe on a happier note... but i dont know what to do!
i really need an idea for the beginning!!!!

pleassse help!

thankyou tres mucho!

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
ok, now i know when you see that your thread got a reply you'll be like "woohoo, I'm saved, thank you Jah!" but I apologise in advance, for what i am about to say will not in any way aid you, i have mearly come here to complain and feel sorry for myself.

Damn it!

I had it all worked out!

I have spent these holidays (along with getting drunk and going to the beach) doing my 2 major works, Art and Drama, and I fully wrote out my Monologues and was like "I am the man!", but then, i read it out loud, and realised that it was, quite frankly, shithouse. So now i have scraped the whole thing, and have resolved to start afresh, aka fuck.

muchos merde.

enchalada.

ti_amo_anthony

HSC
well i did bugger all this holidays and i am proud of myself, i cant help u on ur monologe coz i havent seen that movie, but ur 1 step ahead of me, i havent even found a monologue i know what genre but i dont know how to go about finding one to do

HSC
Help!!

hey,

i have a problem... i have no creativity...... well mayb a little but its not working at the moment..

im thinking of being the main character from k-pax (guy who thinks he is form another planet and is admitted to a loony bin.)
any ideas??
:rolleyes:

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
I honestly suggest you don't do that as a monologue .... It is cool and all, Plus the movie is so great, But your marks are not going to go very high. I suggest you chose a monologue that will get you marks.... Also it is very cliche and the markers are not looking for that so i suggest you don't do it .... Lo Siento

iamcool

HSC
eek

VonDavis..

was that 'don't do your monologue or you will die' comment for my girl, interrupted character? or the k-pax one?

i just bit three nails off when i read your post..

well not entirely off.. but.. quite off..

crazy_kitten

HSC
HSC markers HAAAAAAATE, and I can't stress that word enough, monologues about suicide or self-mutilation... anything along those lines. Great movie though. I was thinking of doing the same thing, but... I found some Angelina Jolie quotes I'd like to make into a monologue...

I can't believe we've all left it this late to find out monologues. *rolls eyes*

If you aren't picky, like me, it's probably a better idea to do a pre-written monologue.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
yeah...whatever you do, DON'T do monologues about teenage angst/suicide etc, because they piss the markers off and frankly are not really that interesting. some people do them because they think they're all full of passion and dramatic tension etc and that that will get them good marks, but really, you wont. the markers want to see an engaging and original piece that captures their attention, not sit through 6-8 minutes of someone screaming and crying and whining about their life and how they're gonna kill themselves, bla bla bla. it just gets boring and cliche, they sometimes can be too full on as well depending on what you speak about. like i once saw a monologue where this chick was basically screaming incomprehensibly about being raped for 5 minutes, and at the end i was like "ok...that was crap."
so to sum up stay away from the psychodrama and try to be as original and theatrically interesting as you can. Good luck! :)

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
You guys really should check out the notes from the marking centre (I know I stress these alot, but they're a great tool!) available on the Board of Studies website with the exam papers. It says EVERYTHING the markers liked and didnt.. Worth its weight in gold!

Avoid net monologues. Trust me, if its online, a thousand students who thought drama was just a veg subject are doing them, and ten bucks says you're marker has seen it this or last year. Don't do them!

Crowie

HSC
N/A
best idea is find a play that u like n take a play then devise the monolgue around the character and the journey they go thru in the play thats wat im doing cause that way u already have the character and your 3rd section 4 marking will go up about taking the audience on a journey or wateva it is i cant remeba it atm

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
I think that monologues from movies are hard to make original and interesting, simply because there's a good chance that the marker has already previously seen it, and subconsiously comparing you with the original. Angelina Jolie won an oscar for her performance, and (although i usually don't think highly of her) was very expressive and moving.

Unless you have an idea to make it compelling and unique, i suggest looking in the bookstores and libraries for a section of a play or short story that you can adapt to suit you're needs.

I already know another girl who wants to do the G,I Lisa character, and i have said the same thing to her.

Best of luck. I'm in year 12 now too, we're all in it together! xx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)