Monitor to TV (1 Viewer)

nak

HSC
Hi,

I was wondering if there are any devices available for me to connect the PC to the TV.....i mean, i want to watch movies on my computer via my TV^^
I hope you know what i mean, i just want to put the output as TV instead of my PC monitor :)

Any help would be great^^,
thanks!

Regards,
Nak

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
nak said:
I was wondering if there are any devices available for me to connect the PC to the TV.....i mean, i want to watch movies on my computer via my TV^^
I hope you know what i mean, i just want to put the output as TV instead of my PC monitor :)
You need a TV-Out compatible graphics card and it is then a matter of connecting a cable from your graphics card to your TV ports, then adjusting your monitor setting via

Right Click > Graphics Properties/Desktop Properties > Monitor Tab > Advanced ....

Do you know what graphics card you have?

nak

HSC
thanks bscienceboi and Antihyper for your help^^
If, i get one of those TV-Out compatible graphics card, or VGA to TV cards, would it be possible to record the video onto a Video Recorder?

Thanks antihyper, i'll go check the website out :)

bscienceboi, i'm not really sure, but i think my graphics card was:

Geforce MX100/200 64mb..............it's really really old, plus its buggered as it makes the computer monitor not display at times when i boot the PC....time to get a new graphics card aswell (lol).

Last edited:

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
nak said:
Geforce MX100/200 64mb..............it's really really old
Even my TNT2 had S video out, so I don't think age is a problem.

nak

HSC
Hi redslert,

unfortunately, no, my graphics card seems to have only the plug-in for the monitor.

So if i buy a new graphics card with a so called "S video out" as templar suggests, i will be able to connect my "PC to TV" (Kid.@dmin) would i??..

I'v read the reviews by customers in the link which AntiHyper gave me, and it seems that there is a problem with the lack of colour depth and so on.

Would you suggest me to get a new graphics card? or is there any other solutions to this? :)

Thanks,

sunny

meh.
HSC
nak said:
So if i buy a new graphics card with a so called "S video out" as templar suggests, i will be able to connect my "PC to TV" (Kid.@dmin) would i??..
Yes...

nak said:
I'v read the reviews by customers in the link which AntiHyper gave me, and it seems that there is a problem with the lack of colour depth and so on.
Most of the times these devices are dodgy and expensive.

nak said:
Would you suggest me to get a new graphics card? or is there any other solutions to this? :)
The easiest way would be to get a new graphics card, even just a cheap ~$100 one with composite or S video out. If you're looking for an upgrade anyway you could always invest abit more in the graphics card.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Or if you have a laptop and you have like a black cirly thing on the side or back with circles... this is called an SV out port... you could get an SV out ot SV in cord retailing at about $15-$30 but yiur TV must have one to... it looks like this

It may also be called a TV in/out port... just talk to your DickSmith or Tandy sales person

nak

HSC
thanks guys,

its been a great help, i'm gonna get a new graphics card soon^^

Riviet

HSC
N/A
If all else fails, buy a dvd player if you don't already have one, burn the movie onto a dvd if you haven't already done so, and play it on tv directly. :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)