• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Monitor Problem (1 Viewer)

a little lost

relationships pfft
the colour on my monitor has recently begun to fade. Its not an old monitor either only been a few yrs. and the normal demagnister button on the monitor isn't working either. it won't charge. Is their any way to manually demagnitse it? and does having speakers close to the monitor cause the failed demagnistising to occur?

santaslayer

HSC
yea...u can demagnitise on the monitorsmenu .....i use a targa monitor and it has a demag function in its menu...its represented by a picture of a magnet

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
yea...u can demagnitise on the monitorsmenu .....i use a targa monitor and it has a demag function in its menu...its represented by a picture of a magnet
what the hell does "demanitise mean"? :mad1:

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by victorling
:argue: :argue:

i am planning to buy a lan card
is the ethernet internet faster than usb internet?
you're not making any sense at all...

do you mean is a USB Ethernet Network Card faster than a standard PCI Ethernet Network Card?

Winston

HSC
umm
i dont know
ethernet and usb

I don't think you know what you actually want lol..

J0n

N/A
HSC
:argue: :argue:

i am planning to buy a lan card
is the ethernet internet faster than usb internet?
Are you talking about plugging your cable modem into USB or Ethernet?? If so, it doesn't really matter, as both are a lot faster than the transfer speed of your modem.

victorling

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by J0n
Are you talking about plugging your cable modem into USB or Ethernet?? If so, it doesn't really matter, as both are a lot faster than the transfer speed of your modem.

thank you
thats what i want:) :) :D :p

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by J0n
i would reccommend ethernet coz they give u less problems than usb modems!

J0n

N/A
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
i would reccommend ethernet coz they give u less problems than usb modems!
What do you mean by more problems? - i haven't had any problems with my usb modem.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by J0n
What do you mean by more problems? - i haven't had any problems with my usb modem.

Same me, don't worry freaking_out is just a n00b, but really i think you're the only one with the problem freaking_out, USB is about the best for me.

asdf

HSC
Ethernet would be better than USB especially if you play online games a lot. USB modems use up more CPU resources than what an thernet would (decreasing FPS). But if you have a fast system, i dont think you would notice the difference.

GENERALLY, USB modems do have slightly more problems than an ethernet modem (although i've never personally used one before) - according to what others have said before. :)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by J0n
yeah, i've actually had to send my modem back to dlink to get it fixed, and even after my usb modem doesn't turn on when i turn on my computer- i always have to restart it again- and then it will turn on....also, i read from whirlpool as welll that usb modems do make more problems than the ethernet modem, as "asdf" said above.

Originally posted by Winston
Same me, don't worry freaking_out is just a n00b, but really i think you're the only one with the problem freaking_out, USB is about the best for me.
shut up u! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)